chapter 27

" Lets run away ," he repeated , slower this time . A miriad of questions swarmed my mind . I decided I'd ask the most important .

" Why ? " despite my need for answers I asked my questions one by one .

" Everyone is acting cold and you've become isolated , " he looked down " , like I was when we first arrived in Narnia . " He noticed . " I have a feeling Jadis " , he recoiled as the witch's name left his lips " , might target you , try to use you "

I understood his concern . As he said her name I wondered if Jadis was the woman in my room . Cold we escape her if we left the kingdom or wold her phantom follow us .

" What about the others ? " I asked . If Jadis was in the castle they'd be at risk too . Edmund bit his lip . " I don't know I could leave them a note telling them we've gone out for a bit , that should by us sometime to get into the woods . They'll expect us at breakfast though . "

If she was targeting me I could bait her away from them I had t do it . If I could keep the Pevensies safe from her I had to . She's hurt them and they've done nothing to deserve this . The innocent cinnamon rolls deserve better .

" Could you say we've gone on an overnight trip ?" I asked .