Chapter 9

Caspian was sitting on your bed as you admired your hair . ' He could be a stylist ' you thought

"{Y/N} " came Edmunds voice for the door "can I come in ?"

You hear caspian scowl but ignored him . "Come on in"

Edmund looked at you with admiration "you look lovely , but then again you always do "

"You've only known me for two days "

"Yet I feel as though I've known you forever "

Caspian coughed , interrupting your conversation with Edmund , and stood up . He looked Edmund dead in the eye and said in a serious tone " Edmund I swear on Aslan's name if you do anything to hurt her I'll-"

"Oh boy look at the time" you interrupted pulling Edmund toward the door "lets go"

You shot caspian a don't-mess-this-up-for-me look and closed the door behind you and Edmund .

"So what are we doing on our date ?" You asked wanting to get this along .

Edmund lifted a picnic basket and book to eye level .

"I thought we could do something quiet and away from people "

"Well then lets go "

He took your arm lightly and guided  you down the hallway the tips of his ears turning slightly pink .

"Are you nervous ?"

"What , n-no " his cheeks flushed

"But your blushing "

"You were blushing last night"

"Don't turn this back on me "

A moment of silence passed , in which you left the castle and climbed a hill .

You were now helping Edmund spread a blanket under a Sakura tree .

"It's pretty here " you breathed

Edmund smiled " It's where I come to think " he gestured for you to sit and once you were both settled opened the basket , unpacking its contents .

Two sandwiches , strawberries , grapes and watered down wine (in medieval times you had two beverage options water or wine )

Two sandwiches , strawberries , grapes and watered down wine (in medieval times you had two beverage options water or wine ) .

You then noticed that the book he had brought was an anthology of poems . You hate to admit it but you were a suck up for old poetry .

Edmund noticed your focus on the book "would you like to read together ?"

Your face flushed red

"We don't have to if you don't want to-I mean-I really want to but I'm not going to force you to-"

"I'd -I'd love to "

A pause . Edmunds ear went pink again . He reached for the book you did as well . You know what happens next ....

Edmund quickly pulled his hand away "Um............ you can get the book "

You rubbed the spot where your hands touched "okay "

You placed the book in the between the two of you positioned it so that both of you could see clearly .

"Would you like a [favourite kind ] sandwich ?" Edmund offered . You nodded your head and he handed you the delicious food . While your attention was focused on your meal Edmund had opened the book and turned a few pages .

"Icarus in love
I loved you as Icarus loved the sun , too close , too much "

The way he read sent shivers down your spine .

"C-can you read another one ?" You found yourself asking

"S-sure " Edmund said . 'What's wrong with me ?' He thought 'why did I stutter ? everything she does makes me nervous and flustered . Why?'

"I hope we meet again , holding hearts with a little more space for each other " he read .

"I love you" came a whispered voice

"Wait what ?!"