chapter 24

Cair Paravel was in a buzz as everyone decorated , getting everything ready for the ball . Caspian had come to check up on me and seemed to have fallen asleep on by the window sill . I couldn't help but smile . He was so peaceful in this state , so different from his usual over protective nature and recent secretiveness .

When I got to the dining hall everyone stopped their conversations and stared at me as though I'd interrupted a very important meeting . Peter and Susan looked at me like I was a crazy maniac . Lucy gave me a look of pity and Edmund , Edmund smiled at me .

He got up from his seat and led me to the table pulling out the chair next to him . I took a seat and greeted everyone , they have me a very gloomy good morning. Caspian ran in a few minutes later , panting , " why didn't you wake me ? " as he took the seat across Susan .

" you looked so peaceful " I replied taking a bit of toast . Peter shot caspian a dirty look , Cas cleared his throat and began eating . No one said anything else .

I went back to my room the second I got the chance , I couldn't handle the silence and feeling of rejection . " Why are they acting so cold ? " I whispered to myself as I fell on my bed .

" poor little , {Y/N} " a woman's voice sighed sweetly . A familiar voice .

" Who are you ? " I asked looking around the room .

" Someone who cares , someone who'd never let you feel so sad , " she said . I felt cold air caress my cheek .

My bedroom door swung open and Edmund stormed in , he looked furious " Let's run away . Together . Right now . "