Chapter 15

⚠️ not for the lactose intolerant

You and caspian made your way to the market . When you were on the outskirts of town he stopped .

" we're going into town and people don't know you . It is imperative that you stay near me , okay ?"

He seemed worried, you nodded and obeyed .

The narnians used their split level houses as shops along the cobblestone streets .

You could smell baked and roasted foods . There were a myriad of colours all over the streets in the form of banners , store fronts and paintings .

Caspian stared at how fascinated you were by everything .

" it's like diagon ally, " you whispered before turning to him " where to first ? "

" there is one place I have to take you to before we do anything " he said beaming .

Caspian grabbed your wrist and pulled you through a throng of narnians . They seemed to be bickering the price of something . You had to jog to keep up with Caspian .

" where are we going ?" You asked .

" ice cream " he said finally stopping outside a shop . He let you catch your breath before pulling you inside .

A jolly , old man walked toward you , " Caspian , my friends , welcome !" He embraced the man .

" and who is this ?" The man asked once he let go of caspian .

Caspian pulled you closer to him " she is a friend , but I see her as my sister " he said proudly .

The man smiled "today's special , free of charge , for the both of you !" he yelled .

" thank you , Gunther " Caspian said letting go of you as the man disappeared to the back of the store .

"What's today's special ?" You asked .

" Gunther climbs up a mountain every day and makes the most heavenly cold dessert . On certain days he makes certain flavours , today he infuses the milk with { favourite fruit } . "

Gunther came back with your servings . He handed you the ice cream .

" please come visit again " he said to you .

You had a spoonful of the cold dessert . It was heavenly , better than the ice cream back home .

" do you like it ?" Caspian asked " this is my favourite flavour "

" I love it , where to next ?"

You and caspian had been around the whole town . You had baskets of breads and fruits and bottles of wine .

Caspian was chatting about how wonderful your world must be . You'd just finished telling him about refrigerators . He seemed surprised  that ice cream melting wasn't as big a problem in your dimension .

" anything you'd like to try while we are here ?" He asked as you walked past a few bird cages .

" two thing " you said " one : sending a message by carrier pigeon "

" we have carrier pigeons at Cair Paravel , we can do that when we get back "

" and sword fighting "

Caspian face lit up " I could teach you , we could spar and we could have a sword made for you . I know a blacksmith not to far from here , let's go "

He excitedly dragged you along again .