Chapter 34

Your head rested on his lap as he read Oscar Wilde aloud . " Maybe we were always meant to meet , " you interrupted his monologue " , is that crazy ? The idea that maybe this was destiny and we were always connected by some invisible thread ? "

His eyes sparkled , marvelled at the thought . He'd never believed in soulmates and yet here you were challenging his romantic ideals . Making him believe " , maybe we're written in the stars . " He bent down to place his lips on yours in a soft kiss . As the sun set dark figures emerged from the woods , invading the clearing , surrounding you . A single scream was all Edmund heard as the world turned pitch black . he woke up in a cold cell made of stone , indicated by the smell he was in a cave , near water judging by the moss . " Y/N ! Y/N " His eyes widened as he spun around the cell but you were nowhere to be found .

" They took your companion , " a voice around the dimply lit hall informed him " They too-they took her ?! where to ?! who are they ?! what do they want ?! " His mind scattered as he waited for a response . " She's to be weaponised . " " Weaponised ?!"

A new voice emerged " , well , that's a nasty words . " A woman walked up to the bars of the cage . Her eyes shone like emeralds in the torchlight but it seemed as if she'd been crying . She wrapped herself in an exquisite fabric and smelled of flowery essential oils . " She's going to save my sister , Jadis , " The woman clarified . Edmund cursed under his breath . He should've known no one could escape the witch . She must've set a trace on them when her spirit entered the castle . Her minions must've tracked them after they ran away . Without the protection of the guards at Cair Paravel they were lambs to the slaughter .

" Don't worry . You won't remember but I promise I won't hurt her . I just want my sister back , " She sniffled and gave Ed a sad smile as she raised her hand . Her palm began to glow . All he could do was clutch the small notebook in his pocket , hoping it would remind him of everything . " Hang on , " he prayed " , I'll save us . I'll get us out of here . I promise . " He was consumed by blinding light .

Edmund jerked awake , cold sweat soaked his tunic . Lucy walked into the room , concern laced on her face as Susan followed her in . " It should just be a nightmare but I felt like I should call you just incase . "

Ed jumped out of bed " , We have to find Y/N ! " Pulling clothes over his linens he began panting frantically . " Kidnapped - they'll hurt her - I'm sure - " his voice became muffled as panic tool over . His sister didn't catch much but they heard enough to know it was urgent . They moved to the war room , informing Caspian and Peter of everything . Edmund gripped his wrist to stop his hands from shaking . He gave them every detail of the kidnapping , Jadis's sister , anything he could remember .

Meanwhile with Y/N

Waking up on the cold hard ground in a cell that seemed like a cross between the mineral deposit from Fantastic Mr Fox and Rumpelstiltskin's prison in Once Upon A Time .

" She will do , " said the dreamy but rough voice of a women in ivory outside your cage . The only way you could describe the figure staring down at you as fragile . Her movements were dainty but you could tell she held power . She had a constant face of indifference but there was a hint of sorrow or perhaps sympathy . The kind of sorry you feel for an adorable farm animal living its last days . She turned away from you quickly , wiping the corners of her eyes as if checking for lingering tears .

" When will we proceed , sorceress ? " one of the large men standing on either side of her asked . She looked at you , then away again. " On the crescent as planned . We'll resurrect my sister and reclaim what was taken from us " And just like that she left .

Not the villain speech you wanted to hear after being kidnapped but at least you had an idea of her scheme . You still wanted to know why she was doing all this and her tragic backstory . How were you going to be used to resurrect Jadis . 

Were you a blood sacrifice ? or a vessel to possess ? You were kinda rooting for vessel , blood sacrifice seemed too drastic . You hadn't caught up with One Piece yet . " prioritise , " you reminded yourself . If the star gazing you did with Edmund was any sign the crescent moon was three days away .