Chapter 8

"a date with the girl of my dreams " Edmund said grabbing an apple from one of the baskets in the kitchen

"And who might that be ?" Lucy asked seemingly appearing out of no where .

Edmund jumped back and clutched a hand to his chest .

"What is it with you people and trying to give me a heart attack ?"

She tilted her head inquisitively "what do you mean 'you people' ?"

He let out a heavy sigh , "I was saddling up my horse for later today and Peter came up to me from behind , then Susan barged into my room while I was getting ready and now you arrive while I'm packing the picnic basket "

She laughed earning a menacing glare 

"So you asked {Y/N} out then ?"

"Yes I did and- wait how did you know ?"

"Caspian said that Susan said that Peter and you talked about you liking {Y/N} " she said quickly before skipping out of the kitchen like nothing happened .

Edmund pinched the bridge of his nose before he continued packing various foods into his woven basket .

~ meanwhile ~

"You can't go out with him , I forbid it " caspian barged into your room while you sat in front of the vanity trying to decide what to do with your hair .

" and why do you forbid it ? Also , PRIVACY "

He marched over to you "listen {Y/N} , you're a sweet girl and I'll be stepping in for your father while you're here . If he so much as puts his hand below your waist I'll-"

You laughed . " he seems kinda cute when he's a flustered mess  " you looked back at the mirror .

"Fine , you can go on the date " caspian huffed "but I'll help you get ready "

He was surprisingly good at styling hair , doing makeup {makeup is optional} and picking out clothing .