Chapter 37

Caspian opened his eyes and took a breath of relief . Big mistake . He cover his mouth with a fist , through a coughing fit he made sure Susan was alright . Peter called to Lucy and Ed . He place a palm over his chest to calm his erratic heart when they confirmed they we alright . Once the dust settled you noticed a figure darting toward you . They jumped you with a hug attack , luscious hair hitting you in the face . You wheezed " , easy there , big brother . "

" I thought they really got you , " He hugged tighter . You patted his back " , they weren't that lucky . " A weight came crashing on you back . " But they could've , " Edmund added hugging you from behind . Ruffling his hair you responded " , but they didn't . " Lucy pushed both boys off you , wrapping her arms around your waist " , it was still terrifying . "

The sun began to set as you rode back to Cair Paravel . Susan and Peter apologised for alienating you . You forgave them because you understood it wasn't their intention . The tale of how they found and rescued you was regaled by Edmund and Caspian . And Lucy promptly reminded everyone they still owed you a ball . So the following evening you were given just that .

The room was filled with flowery decorations and people in beautifully elegant clothing . A string quartet serenaded the guests and there were tables lined with food . You swore Susan was devouring all the marzipan she could find . You spent the first few hours alternating between dancing with Lucy , Caspian , and Ed . Each of whom had various ideas for what you should do tomorrow . Lucy opted flower picking . Edmund suggested lazing about the library . Caspian just wanted to keep you in his sight for a while . The activity Susan suggested was your favourite : doing absolutely nothing . Things were hectic yesterday , you needed the break .

At the peak of the party Peter demanded the rooms attention . His speech was the basic ' thank you for coming , blah blah , we defeated an enemy , blah blah . ' In all honesty yo zoned out until he said " , would the amazing person slash genius , Y/N , grace me with a dance ? " You accepted his arm as gracefully as a blushing mess could . " That was what you wanted me to call you after our duel , correct ? " Peter asked as the music starter back up and he led you to the dance floor . You hummed in confirmation . You were joking then . You didn't think he'd actually do it but here you were . He didn't say much . All peter did was shoot you a prince charming smile as he twirled you around the room . Although he wasn't your type you could see why people loved for him . He exuded confidence and made you feel like a princess . The song had over a minute left when he started slowing down . His responded to your confused " what are you doing ? " with a simply hilarious answer . You hadn't even thought of that .

" Because my brother has reached optimal envy and looks about ready to spontaneously combust . " Just like that Edmund cut in at lighting speed " , I'll take it from here , Pete , thanks . " He excused his brother , eyes staring deeply into yours as he led you away .

You spoke of things best kept private between lovers . The good , the bad , the old and the impossible plans for the future . You danced all the way out to the balcony . The music and chatter became faint . You decided to watch the stars like you did all those moons ago . Ed reached into his pocket , pulling out a piece of paper .

" Hey . I wrote this poem . The night after our first date . It's cheesy . And lovesick . But remember how you said you thought you felt like we were destined for each other ? I felt that too . Even back then . Like we were destined to meet . " He was adorable . The way he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck coupled with his blush stretching from his cheeks to his ear . He went on a tangent but got to his point in the end " what I'm trying to say is I love you , So , here - " he placed the paper in your hand .

A breeze blew through the air making you shiver . Edmund took off his coat and wrapped it around you . " Wait here , I'll get you a blanket , " he promised , running back inside . Melancholy washed over you .

Taking off his jacket you folded it on the railing . " I've got to go now . Don't I ? " you asked turning to the lion who manifested as Edmund left .

Aslan nodded " , you have a life waiting for you in your own world , Dear one . " 

With a sigh you closed your eyes . The world began swirling around you .