Update on the States

Ok. So that state chapter with Spain and Texas?
Not my proudest moment.

I started this book in middle school, I didn't know a single damn thing about history or world history at all. Cultures, nations, and very sensitive topics, I didn't know none of them.

Right now I am in highschool and I'm properly learning world history in Human Geography. After taking all of these factors into consideration, I've decided this.

I will write the states, but it will not be of your usual expectation of a Hetalia state. Not saying my version is better, it is more accustomed to what reality is.

It is difficult to personify states because they do not simply fall under one category of a stereotype. It is also much more different from personifying countries because there is no generally well known knowledge about the people from a certain state.

For America, it is easy to develop a stereotype and general character because Americans tend to be some of the most obnoxious people and leave their footprints everywhere for people to look at. Not a bad thing but you can get the point.

However with a state, a British person wouldn't know the stereotype for Arizona now would they?

Even as a born and raised American, I don't
even know a single general stereotype for Arizonan people. This also applies to many other states such as Wyoming, Iowa, New Mexico, and other states that do not receive as much publicity as others.

That's what makes it difficult to make an accurate and agreeable character for a state.

States that are not the bigger well-known ones (Texas, New York, California, and Florida) with no stereotypes about the people are complicated to put into one character.

See, Texas, New York, California, and Florida are the easiest to personify because everyone has heard of them. Each one has a giant ego and also a lot more tourism than others because they each have made a distinct and well known culture.

New Jersey, Utah, Louisiana, Alabama, Pennsylvania, and a few other states are the second easiest to personify. These states have a general stereotype known by Americans. They also have each in their own distinct culture, but mainly known by Americans instead of worldwide.

And there comes the unknown states. Missouri, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, Mississippi, Washington, and many others that some people even forget. They all have their own cultures, yes. But to get a good accurate character there has to be a general stereotype. That is where I am stumped at. Unless you live in, around, or have researched about these states, there is not much that comes to mind when it comes to these states. Even as said by a person from New Mexico, "There's nothing that defining here except old people I guess."

There also stands Hawaii and Alaska. I cannot simply just ignore all the American forces and assimilation of cultures for the sake of a cutesy-wutesy character. Plus, unlike other states, these two have just as much hidden history as the Native Americans.

With that, balancing out the Native American and the modern American in a state is a very sensitive topic. That excludes Hawaii, because they were a legitimate nation with years of history now assimilated into modern American culture. They are not Native American, they are Hawaiian.

Also, having personified states WILL NOT be a big shock to a nation.

Why?

Cause Japan has personified provinces of his own and Germany has the German states of his own too. One of France's regions, Picardy, also made a canon appearance. Netherlands even has canon interaction with Osaka. So it should be no surprise that nations would most definitely have personifications of their regions/provinces/states of their own.

And just because they're under a nation does not mean they are loyal to that nation. If you do not understand why, take a look at African territorial disputes, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the history of Yugoslavia countries. For those who have not dabbled into World History just yet, refer to Native Hawaiian oppression.

So in which case I'm going to make them with androgynous pronouns and attempted accuracy because I'm not ready to face the noise of people arguing over a state's character.

That is all for this little note. I know it's disappointing that this is not a chapter but I am working on a few chapters. Since school has come back it has become hard to update, but fear not! I am nearly done with a chapter!

Until then, I'll see y'all later!