Revisions.

Hey, another author chapter. Wooo.

Anyways, I'm deciding that instead of deleting the chapters as a whole I'm just going to state the problems with this entire old fic I wrote here.

I'm doing this because honestly, what I wrote early on in here is purely ignorant. I don't like the fact that so many impressionable people here are taking in what I've wrote. If you don't wanna read all this boring stuff you're literally free to leave I'm not gonna stop you, but if you do then just read.

Damn, the first chapter is by far the most ignorant of all. It centers around America as a generalized country as if nothing else is. 

Did I seriously think America is the only one? Yeah, I did and that was stupid. 

There are nations just as, if not more, diverse. Like Canada isn't a generalized mess?? Hello???? I think about the entirety of the world is a generalized mess.

Have you heard of Japanese-Brazilians? Or maybe Nigerian-Germans? How about Italian Argentines? 

You probably don't hear a lot about them, but they're major groups within their respective countries. 

Brazil has a very large Asian population, that being Japanese and Chinese. Several of them moved there during a promotion of migration. Today, Brazil even has its own "Okinawa"

Nigerian-Germans are also descendants of the very wrong but very evident Berlin Conference where Europe decided to fuck up majority of Africa. Nigeria was a colony of Germany and has several German influences on them such as the architecture, language, and culture. 

Even though English is the official language of Nigeria, they also speak Hausa (a Chadic language), Yoruba (language of an ethnic group centered around West Africa), Igbo (centered in south and south-eastern Nigeria as well as Equatorial Guinea), and English Creole. 

Dare did I say that America was diverse when we aren't the only ones with ethnicity and race issues. At least with language we have our diasporas (the dispersion of any people from their original homeland) such as Chinatown, barrios, etc. but it's not the case in several other countries where tensions can run deep.

American diversity my ass, it's everywhere because of colonization, past imperialism, modern day immigration, and asylums (a protection granted by the government for political refugees)

And that's not fucking all.

The "Who Owns the Title?" chapter. 

Why did I even think for a second that colonizers could even have a good relationship with their colonies when each one did their share of atrocities against humanity? Let alone be prideful to have the title of "brother"?

Have you fucking SEEN Spain's atrocities? You should. It's important to know and it's not pretty. 

Don't fucking get me started on the rest. You guys know of the Sepoy Mutiny? Let me tell you about the Sepoy Mutiny. 

This took place during the British control over India during the 1900s also known as the British Raj. You'll learn about this in World History in high school. 

One of the many factors that contributed to the uprising was the grease used by British soldiers being handed out to Indian soldiers. The grease was made of beef and pork, which directly went against both Hindus and Muslims.

This isn't the only problem that led up to the uprising. Remember that. Britain used India as an economic tool to fuel their own Industrial Revolution. Of course, there were improvements made here and there but the fact that so many people died due to British taxing and neglect of the people is not to be ignored.

The Sepoy Mutiny was a failed uprising.

The British gunned them down with their more advanced artilleries and used it as propaganda. 

This incident is only one of many atrocities Britain has committed. How many places did Britain colonize again?

So, do you still think you can consider Britain as an "older brother" to other nations?

I'm not saying all the details of the Sepoy Mutiny here, read this link if you want to know more https://www.wbpscupsc.com/revolt-of-1857-sepoy-mutiny/ and search some more about it.

Really, any chapter that has to deal with America being multi-ethnic is a problem. It can lead to people thinking that other nations who were once previously under the rule of the European colonists have a good relationship as well. 

In which case, now you know that's not true. 

Me writing those chapters is basically the equivalent of me taking selfies at the Auschwitz Concentration Camp. I'm making light of literal atrocities against humanity and sharing it. Course, those chapters aren't the entire equivalent, but ignorance is a very dangerous thing.

History is to be treated with respect and I failed to do so when I first wrote this.

It definitely was not my intention, but like I said. Ignorance is a very dangerous thing.

I am very keenly aware that Wattpad's audience is primarily made of young teens. The fact that this fic is the slightest bit popular scares me. 

If you still think that America has had it bad because we were one of the last countries to have slavery, you're still just as ignorant. 

Maybe later on when you guys are older you'll remember this fic and laugh about how stupid it was. But for me, I'm the one who was directly influencing your thoughts at the time you read this. 

Please, go read some actual, reliable sources on world history before even jumping back into Hetalia. You'll then know what is and isn't right.

I recommend you watch Crash Course or Heimler's History on YouTube. Crash Course gives you a short but accurate overview of world history and Heimler's History is an AP World History centric channel for students. 

I honestly don't even know what I'm going to do with the chapters I've addressed in this thing.