Chapter Twenty-Three

Malissa

I walked around the house cleaning up little stuff. I thought about Sam as I picked up the jar of pickles. She hasn't talk to me since that night an it's been almost a week. Someone knocked on the door pulling me out of my thoughts.

I pulled the door open to see a couple.

"Hey! we're the new neighbors that just moved in across the street." The woman said excitedly.

A little too excitedly for my liking.

I held out my hand,"Pleased to meet you, I'm Malissa."

"I'm Kasey, and this is my husband John." She introduces then handed me a cake that I didn't see earlier.

"We just came over to introduce ourselves. Do you by any chance want to come over for dinner tonight?" She asked still smiling.

I nodded,"Sure."

**
I called Sam cell phone for the third time today wishing she would pick up, and she did.

'What?' She ask with a slight attitude.

I bit my lip to hold back a smart comment.

She sigh before I can say a thing,"I'm sorry, What is it Malissa?"

"I've been calling you all day." I said as I laid down across my bed.

"I went to get me another car an left my phone at home." She said not interested in the conversation.

"You have another car?" I asked as I sat up to grab the remote.

"I just said that Malissa."

I rolled my eyes,"Well I have new neighbors that invited us to dinner at 8:00."

"Us? I wasn't there to get invited."

"If you don't want to go just say so. I'm going regardless." I said then ended the call.

I stood up to get my clothes out for later on. I walked to my closet and picked out a dress because all of my shirts is too little.

I looked at the time 6:45 I quickly started my bubble bath and got in it.

***

Sam

I opened the door to my car and stepped out. I open Malissa house door an slammed it a little. I walked upstairs to her room to see her bathroom door opened. I looked in to see her half asleep in the tub.

"Malissa get up." I said touching her body.

She groaned then raised up when she realized she was asleep in the tub.

"What the hell you doing asleep in the tub with the door unlocked?" I asked handing her a towel.

"I thought I locked it back when the neighbors left. I must've been tired, didn't get much sleep last night." She said wrapping the towel around her.

I let the cold water out as she went to the room to get dressed.

"What time is it?" She asked out loud.