Chapter 42

A/N: A special thanks to everyone who waited and didn't give up on story yet, and to those of you who had messaged me, left a comment to cheer me up - Thanks a ton and Love you all

Let' me not bore you with any more words, let's jump to the update. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stay close" Ming mind-linked as his eyes flashed red. He was leading the way closely followed by Kit, "let's get the kids and get out of here" Nila's voice sounded more like a command.

"there..." Wayo silently pointed out, a bit surprised that he could connect with them and grateful to be part of the Royal's pack, "I can see only Azure's watching them"

"No Demons" Phana replied as he scanned them

"Now" Forth moved in swiftly along with Ming and Phana and the 6 guards never knew what hit them and before they could blink, they were unconscious.

Nila frowned, "don't kill them" she muttered to Kimmon who grunted "Not now dear"

"Now gals" Beam muttered as other stood guard, helping Jihyo reopen the portal, all the kids there backed away in fear looking at various people who appeared out of thin air.

"It's okay" Jisoo walked closer to the small boy who stood in front of a little girl as if guarding her "we are here to take you to your parents"

Beam and Kit walked closer to them as well, "hurry before they come back" Kit said softly to the kids, who seemed to be visibly comforted as he approached them

"How are you doing it?" Beam mind-linked with Kit who answered, "doing what?"

Beam shook his head as he replied "later", as he continued to convince the kids to move with Jisoo. They slowly formed a line and started walking towards the portal with Jisoo and Wayo entering first with couple of kids.

"Hurry up" Jihyo said, as she continued to scan the room, "Phana..."

"I know" he responded, as he sensed demons approaching, Ming was already alert, his stance ready to pounce with the bronze sword out. Beam and Kit had their weapons drawn as well.

"Hurry" Beam now rushed the kids, and there were only a handful left when he heard a piercing sound.

They were suddenly swamped by darkness, surrounded by hisses and glowing eyes. Ming threw the sword he had to "Wayo, use this" as he transformed into his towering wolf form.

Phana and Kit followed the suit, and in a blink of an eye two black wolves and contrasting white one started tearing through the demons that crept towards them, leaving Beam and Jihyo momentarily stunned.

"take the children and her" Forth commanded Beam, who looked torn for a second

"close the portal" he heard Pha's voice "keep them safe – I promise to be back"

"Jihyo" Beam quickly shook his friend who seemed to be transfixed at the speed of the three wolves in front of her, literally blurring their way through, she quickly gathered her wits as the children rushed into the portal

"Go" Beam said to her when the last kid passed, but she shook her head quickly closing the portal

"Guys...." Jihyo called her pack "retreat now, I will open a new portal to the clearing...just in case someone follows"

"Forth, Wayo..." Pha commanded "guard her"

Beam quickly phased and joined his mate, while Forth and Wayo stood next to Jihyo as she performed the spell to open a new portal