Chapter 34

Wayo sat there in the middle of the room, every pair of eyes focusing on him with distrust except for one, for some strange reason it belonged to the Guardian.

Jihyo kept staring at the blank book, that weighed like a ton on her lap "you are saying my grandmother died to retrieve this empty book", while Jisoo only looked at him.

"You are a witch for god's sake" Wayo frowned in frustration "can you not even tell if I am lying or not, ignore the fact that I am a pixie who can never lie"

He turned to look at Forth, lying there unconscious "and who was smart enough to free him of his promise"

Phana looked down feeling guilty, he had only meant to save Forth's life if something had happened to his siblings.

"Don't" Kit spoke for the first time "Let's concentrate on the issue at hand – tell us about this book of yours"

"Morgard's spell book" Wayo sighed "was the only book that contained the spells that would enable us to win over gods, it is the word of Hecate herself"

"Hecate?" Beam looked a stunned

"Goddess of witchcraft – mother of all witches and wizards" Jihyo answered

"Another goddess?!" Beam spat "great – like dealing with two is not enough"

"Beam" Kit threw in a warning look before turning to Wayo "you please continue"

"Jaylyn said that the council had hidden the book, to keep it safe from Azure's" Wayo said "She said it was time for it to resurface, end it all for good"

"And she trusted you with this information and not her granddaughters, who happens to be witches as well?" Jihyo frowned

"God!" Wayo got up "Now I understand what Forth was complaining about", he paced across the room rambling in language which they didn't understand

"You will refrain from cursing about my children and pack" Kit's eyes glowed purple, his anger flashing "they", he paused "we have been kept in the dark for long enough"

"I am sorry, my lady" Wayo quickly apologized sending it was the White Wolf now speaking, he knew she was the kindest of all but her anger much worse

"As much as it might sound like she didn't trust you" Wayo continued from where he had stopped "she knew, it was your calling to end it and as it was hers to get the spells to you"

"But the damm thing is blank" Jihyo threw the book on the floor "why can I not read it?!"

"Let's stop with the book" Jisoo said "did my grandmother say anything else?"

Wayo looked at the youngest in the room with a soft smile "Wisdom is not just a word, and so is my apple sauce"

"What?" Jihyo asked

"That's Jaylyn's message to you young witches" Wayo said with a sigh "She never explained it more"

They became silent at hearing that, not exactly sure what to do next.

Beam looked at Phana, who stood next to Forth, his face expressionless. "Do you know what to do about Forth?"

"He will come around" Wayo said looking at his only friend and companion "freeing a fairy from a promise is like..." he paused, and then he sighed "you took away his purpose of life, but he will pull through it, he loves them as his own"

Phana silently wiped his tear still not saying a word as he looked at Irin and Posh, he felt like he doesn't deserve to be there. He had failed his family

"Am sure the moon goddess with help us out" Wayo said, looking at the young faces that looked so lost.

Beam looked at his mate with concern, and then turned to look at Kit and Ming who sat there in silence