Chapter 9

Phana sat there dressed in Earth's clothes, resting his head on Kit's shoulder as they both waited for some update on Beam and Ming's condition. Kit looked around in marvel how they had built a complete hospital setup in a normal looking three-storied house.

"I didn't know there was another hospital in Woodhaven" Kit said softly, breaking the silence – he can still feel Phana tremble on his side or maybe it was him he had no idea. When he didn't hear any response, he sighed

"It might be a good time to tell you – I have a wolf in me too" Kit said "Or so I think"

Phana lifted his head up and looked at Kit "You knew about Beam? About me?" his tone not bothering to hide the betrayal he felt at the minute.

Kit sighed, "I heard a voice when I met Ming for the first time" he confided finally "I told Beam, who asked a thousand question before he finally phased to show that he is a werewolf, who hates turning into a wolf, when he realized I was going crazy"

Kit took Phana's hand into his, and somehow Kit's hold on him comforted Phana, like he was taking away the exhaustion and pain

"Sorry, I didn't tell you because I was sure you would have dragged my ass to my parents and they would have run all possible tests on me." Kit continued

"Yes, I would have done that" Phana agreed "but it... still"

"I know, it is not like I didn't trust you – but I know you," Kit said with a sad smile "honestly I had no clue you would turn into one as well"

"You really didn't know?" Phana asked

"You are always around Beam and Earth" Kit replied, "If they didn't know... heck Mr.Baramee said he never sensed any wolf in both of us"

Phana felt guilty on hearing Earth's name, looks like he really did try to kill him

"Earth will be fine" Kit replied, "Mike – Earth's dad said he is as good as new"

"Okay" Phana said as he closed his eyes

"So, the name of your wolf is Pha?" Kit smiled "Amazingly creative"

That caused Phana to break out a smile "Like I named him.... Anyways what is yours?"

Kit instantly became sober, he said in a whisper "It is Nila"

"Nila... sounds a bit girly", Phana smiled "wonder what it means"

"Well.. er..." Kit gulped "It is a She, and Nila is an alias for Moon – that's what she told me"

Phana scrunched up his face "Why is your wolf female?"

"You will be the first to know when I know" Kit replied with a smile and turned to look towards the room where both Beam and Ming are being treated.

------

"Your Highness" Phana was woken up suddenly by voice of his dad, his eyes shot open only to find both his father and mother kneeling in front of him. He stood on reflex pulling out his hands from Kit who was also stirring, luckily they treated Kit's skin wound and he was all good.

"Mom", "Dad" Phana instantly fell on his knees to his parents, his mother wrapped her arms around him as tears rushed down his face.

"Oh my dear" She said "You were not supposed to phase until 25"

"Lien" his father growled, as he turned towards Phana "How are you feeling Sire?"

"Huh?" Phana looked stunned by the cold tone his father was using, he was never an affectionate dad to Phana and his siblings, but never has he used this tone before.