Ravenclaw's Lost Diadem

Y/n's POV

We all marched down to the Great Hall in single file lines with our robes on, the four house colors standing out greatly against the drab tones of the hall. Once in the Great Hall, we were grouped according to our house, and we stood in front of Snape and the Carrows. 

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour. It has come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade," Snape announced. "Now, should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potte, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transcription. Further more, any person found to have knowledge of these events, who fail to come forward, will be treated as equally guilty. If anyone in here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening. I invite them to step forward. Now." Of course, no one said a word and everyone stayed quiet.

"Hey Fawley!" Amycus shouted from the front of the room. "You want another black eye? Step up and tell us what you know you traitor!" 

I growled and stepped out of line so that I could see Amycus and the others clearly. "Being called a traitor doesn't hurt me, Carrow. It never has, and it never will. Besides, you've got much bigger problems to worry about than me. Now, Professor Snape. Wait, sorry, Headmaster Snape. It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a security problem. I'm afraid it's quite extensive." At that moment, the doors to the Great Hall opened, and every member of the Order of the Phoenix stepped inside. 

"How dare you stand where he stood!" Harry yelled at Snape. "Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them!" Just then, McGonagall stepped forward and used spell after spell against Snape, who deflected every single one. And instead of fighting back, Snape and the Carrows apparated out of the castle.

"I know that many of you will want to fight," Voldemort's voice rang out in the air. "Some of you might even think to fight is wise, but this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour." That's when I collapsed to my knees on the floor as a voice started speaking in my head. "I've heard of what you've done, Y/n Fawley, and it will not go unnoticed. Hand over Harry Potter, or I'll kill Draco Malfoy. You cannot have both. You either give up your best friend or the person you love most. Make the wise decision." 

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Harry asked and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"He said he was going to kill Draco if I didn't hand you over. He's going to kill him, Harry," I sob. 

"No he's not," Harry opposed. "We're not going to let that happen."

"What're you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy called out from where she stood with the other Slytherins. Almost immediately, me and the rest of Harry's friends formed a protective ring around him. 

"Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" Filch cried out as he ran into the Great Hall. 

"They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot," McGonagall snapped. 

"Sorry ma'am," Filch apologized. 

"As it happens, Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune," McGonagall spoke. "If you would, I would like you please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house from the hall." 

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading 'em to, ma'am?" Filch quizzed. 

"The dungeons would do," McGonagall answered. As everyone spread out to prepare for battle, I chased after Harry, who was heading towards the old Ravenclaw common room. He started up the stairs, but I grabbed him before he could take another step.