Sixth Year; Accusations

Y/n's POV

The few months between fifth and six year did not go how I'd hoped. On one hand, Draco and I had a lot of time to talk, so we finally worked things out and got back together. But on the other hand, my family situation had changed drastically. No one at school could know what happened, including Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and especially Draco, even though he could probably relate to it. It just had to remain a secret.

The day before the start of term, I used floo powder to get myself to Diagon Alley. I wanted to go to Fred and George's joke shop to pick something up. The thing was, Diagon Alley was practically deserted, and the joke shop was the only place getting shoppers. It was weird with there not being people bustling about doing their shopping. I remembered my first year like it had just happened, and coming here for the first time was magical. Stepping into joke shop, I dodged a fanged frisbee, the object missing my head by nearly an inch.

"Fred! George!" I shout to get their attention. "I need some Otter's Fizzy Orange Juice. I've been craving it for days." George poked his head out from behind a stack of boxes before tossing me the bottle, which I caught in my right rand.

"You still playing Quidditch?" George asked. 

"Of course," I reply. "I'd never give it up. You're looking at the star chaser and co-captain of the Gryffindor team." 

"Who's the other co-captain?" Fred questioned. 

"Why Harry of course," I answer. "He's only the best flyer and second best player on the team. I would say he's first, but I'm a bit egotistical when it comes to Quidditch, so I'll always put myself first."

"Hey. Have you considered buying a Kissing Concoction? I've heard that things between you and Malfoy are getting heated. This could take your relationship to the next level," George spoke and winked while Fred wiggled his eyebrows at me. 

"As much fun as that sounds, I think we're good," I claim and hand over the correct amount of money.

"Yeah?" Fred quizzed.

"Yeah," I confirm. "Things are good. Really good. I actually have to get home and pack, so I'll see you guys later."

The next day, it was time to head to Hogwarts. I packed up some last minute things, said goodbye to my parents, and then headed to Platform 9 3/4. Draco, however, wasn't waiting there for me like he said he would though. I waited outside for him for a good five minutes, but after that, I headed onto the train and found the compartment with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. As the train started to move, a paper dove knocked against the door, nd once I opened it, the bird flew and landed on my lap. I unfolded the dove to reveal a letter which read:

Dear Y/n,

I'm sorry that I couldn't meet you on the platform like I said I was going to. I was running a bit late today. But I was thinking of your gorgeous eyes and infectious personality the whole way here. I can't wait to see you over the course of this year. Hopefully we'll have more classes together, that way we can see each other more often like we did over the summer. I van't wait to see you.

Love, Draco

"Y/n, are you sure you don't want to take your jacket off. It's pretty hot," Ron mentioned. 

I rubbed my hands up and down my arms. "I'm actually pretty chilly at the moment, so I think I'm gonna keep this on." 

"So what was Draco doing with that weird-looking cabinet in Borgin and Burkes? And who were all those people? Don't you see? It was a ceremony. An initiation," Harry clarified. 

"Stop it, Harry," Hermione scolded. "I know where you're going with this?" 

"It happened. He's one of them," Harry insisted. 

Ron frowned. "One of who?" 

"Harry is under the impression Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater," Hermione declared.

"You've got to be kidding," I tell Harry. "There's no way that's true."

"What would You-Know-Who want with a sod like Malfoy anyway?" Ron implored. 

"Oh, then what's he doing in Borgin and Burkes? Browsing for furniture? I don't think so," Harry admitted. 

"It's a creepy shop. He's a creepy bloke," Ron pointed. 

"Look, his father is a Death Eater," Harry reminded us. "It only makes sense. Besides, Hermione saw it with her own eyes." 

"I told you. I don't know what I saw," Hermione exclaimed. 

I huffed and stood up. "All right, I'm done here. I'm not going to sit here and listen to you guys tell lies about my boyfriend. It's not cool." 

"Where are you going?" Harry asked me. 

"To see Draco," I reply and leave the compartment. I walked all the way down to the train car where the Slytherins usually sat, and opened the door to get inside. 

"Fawley," Goyle noticed. "What the bloody hell are you doing here? This compartment is for the Slytherins." 

"Shove off, Goyle!" I seethe. "I'm not here for you. I came to talk to Draco." 

"You heard her. Get out of here," Draco ordered. Crabbe and Goyle both sighed, but moved to another booth, giving me space to sit across from Draco.

"I got your note. And it was very sweet. Thank you," I say. 

"I just felt bad because I couldn't meet you on the platform like I said I would. With my dad in his current situation-" 

I cut Draco off and laced our fingers together. "It's fine. I don't mind. The only thing that matters is that you're here now." 

 "You know, this is the first year we've actually sat together on the train," Draco noted. 

I smiled. "I know. It feels weird, but at the same time, I like it." When the ride was over, I got up to leave the car, but Draco stayed back. "Are you coming?"

"I'll be right there," Draco responded. I just want to check something." I nodded and headed out of the train car with the other Slytherins. Right as we passed through the gates, we were searched, which was odd because we've never been searched before entering Hogwarts. I guess it had something to do with the recent death eater attacks. Pansy, Blaise and I waited for Draco just past the gates, but soon, there was only one carriage left. 

"Come on," Blaise urged and took ahold of my arm. "He'll meet us in the Great Hall."