Back at Hogwarts

Y/n's POV

"You want me to do what?" I ask. 

"Come on, Y/n. It isn't that bad of an idea," Ron spoke. 

"You're all complete idiots if you think I'm going back to that school again," I state. 

"It's Hogwarts, Y/n," Harry pointed out. "There's nothing wrong with it." 

"Yeah, because having people talk about you in the hallways and giving you glares is so much fun," I joke. 

"We need you to do this, Y/n. Please," Harry begged. 

I sighed. "Fine. But you guys owe me at least two butterbeers each once this is all over. Don't take too long."

"Deal," Harry agreed and shook my hand.

At school, things were not terrible, but they weren't the best either. I was sitting in the common room with my back against the wall, sulking in the corner on my own when a girl appeared in one of the paintings and gestured for me to come forward. I walked over to her painting just as she started walking away, and after a quick examination of the painting, I discovered a secret passage behind it. So, I lit up my wand and headed down the passage, shutting the exit behind me. The walk, while a bit long, wasn't too bad. I had some time to myself, which was hard to come by these days, When I reached the end of the tunnel, the door in front of me swung open, and I was greeted by Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Y/n!" Harry chirped. "You look-" 

"Like hell, I reckon," I finish. "But this is nothing. Seamus is worse. Now come on. We don't want to keep the others waiting." Harry, Ron and Hermione followed behind me, and we started the walk back to Hogwarts. 

"I don't remember this on the Marauder's Map," Ron put forth. 

"That's because it never existed until now," I tell him. "The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors." 

"How about Snape as Headmaster?" Hermione quizzed. 

"I haven't really seen him, to be honest," I confess. "Even at the start of the year he was never really around. It's the Carrows who you have to watch out for." 

"Carrows?" Harry questioned. 

"Yeah. Brother and sister. They're in charge of discipline. They like punishment," I disclose and point to my black eye. 

"They did that to you? Why?" Hermione implored. 

"Today's Dark Arts lesson was practicing the Cruciatus curse on first years," I share. "Obviously I refused, and it didn't help that practically every death eater knows I'm a traitor who left the dark side. Hogwarts has changed a great deal since last year." At that moment, we reached the end of the tunnel. "Let's have a bit of fun, shall we." I pushed open the exit way to reveal the common room, where everyone was just sitting around. "Hey everyone! I've got a surprise for you." 

"Let me guess. You've found a way to secretly kill us all?" Seamus sneered. Instead of taking what Seamus said to heart, I stepped aside to reveal Harry, Ron and Hermione. Everyone in the common room cheered and clapped as we all made our way onto the floor. 

Neville smiled and clapped Harry on the back. "What's the fun Harry?"

"Before I get to that, there's something else I need to say," Harry started. "Y/n has had her ups and downs this year. We all know that." 

"Yeah, because joining the Death Eaters can be considered a down," Seamus interrupted. I looked down at the ground and fiddled with the sleeves of my shirt. What the hell was Harry doing? 

"She only did it because she was forced to," Harry continued. "You all know Y/n. She would never hurt a fly, less join Voldemort. I know there are some of you here that have received tutoring from Y/n when you were struggling with a class. She always offered to help even if her schedule was already packed between her own classes and Quidditch. Plus, she stood up to Umbridge during our first lesson, helped us create Dumbledore's Army, and stood by us in the Department of Mysteries. Only a few of you were there for the last one, but I know that you all have at least one good memory of or with Y/n. She's a good person. The only reason she joined the death eaters was because her family forced her to, and we all know how overbearing families can be. Y/n has changed. She left the Death Eaters to save Ron, Hermione and I, and right now, that's all that matters."

"Okay. If Harry can find it in his heart to forgive her, then so can I," Neville declared. The rest of the room mumbled silently in agreement, and that made me smile a bit. I know they didn't have complete trust in me like they used to, but slowly, with a bit of time, hopefully they would.

"Now, to the real problem. There's something we need to find. There's something hidden here, in the castle, and it may help us to defeat You-Know-Who," Harry announced. 

"All right, what is it?" Neville pushed. 

"We don't know," Harry answered. 

"Where is it?" Dean asked. 

"We don't know that either. I realize that's not much to go on," Harry said. 

"That's nothing to go on," Seamus corrected. 

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw," Harry brought up. "It'll be small, easily concealed. Anyone have any ideas?" 

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem," Luna revealed. 

"Oh, bloody hell! Here we go," Ron mumbled. 

"The lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous," Luna noted. 

"Yes, but, Luna, it's been lost for centuries. There's no person alive today who's seen it," Cho claimed. 

"Excuse me," Ron interjected. "Can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" 

"It's a sort of crown. You know, like a tiara," I clarify. Just then, Ginny ran into the room, worry spread all over her face. 

Neville frowned. "What is it Ginny?" 

"Snape knows," Ginny exhaled. "He knows that Harry was spotted in Hogsmeade."