House Points

Y/n's POV

Harry had made it out with the stone. He was unconscious in the hospital wing, but he was going to live. Three days after everything, we were allowed to visit him, and he told us how he fought off Professor Quirrell and used the stone to do it. After that, we were sent to the Great Hall where the end of year feast was being held. When I entered, green banners were hanging from the ceiling with the Slytherin logo decorating all of them.

"How do you like the decorations Fawley?" Malfoy asked.

"The color reminds me of you; vile and cruel," I sneer.

Malfoy placed his hand over his heart. "You really think of me that way? I'm touched." I glared at him quickly before taking a seat at the Gryffindor table. Harry joined us moments later, and just as he did, Dumbledore quieted everyone so that he could talk.

  "There has now been another year gone," Dumbledore started. "And the house cup needs awarding. In fourth place is Gryffindor with 312 points." I sighed and clapped along with the rest of the Gryffindors who were all bummed as well. "In third place is Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second place is Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place this year with 472 points is Slytherin House." The Slytherins all cheered and clapped loudly, and I just let out a breath of annoyance. "Yes, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account, so I have a few last points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for using intellect while others were in great danger, 25 points. Next, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess, 50 points are awarded. Third, to Miss Y/n Fawley, for taking the lead and helping others when needed, 25 points. Then there is Mr. Harry Potter, who used outstanding amounts of courage, 60 points." The Gryffindors all cheered as we realized that we were tied with Slytherin in House Points. "And finally, it takes a great deal of courage to stand up to enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to friends. I award Neville Longbottom 10 points. So now, if my calculations are correct, I believe a change of decoration is in order." Dumbledore clapped his hands, and all at once, the banners changed from green to red. The Slytherin logo was then replaced by the Gryffindor one, and everyone cheered, except for the Slytherins who looked gloomier than ever. Gryffindor had won the House Cup, and I couldn't be prouder. The next day, we were heading to the train station to go home, but I was interrupted.

"Y/n!" Oliver called out and ran over to me. "Wait up a moment."

"I'll meet you guys on the train," I tell Harry, Ron, and Hermione. The three of them nodded, and I met up with Oliver. "Hey. What's up?"

"It was nice getting to know you better this year," Oliver shared. "Tell your father I said hi, and keep practicing Quidditch. We need to do well next year, and I believe with you, we can." On the train, I found the compartment with Harry, Ron, and Hermione in it and took my seat.

"So, I don't know if anyone noticed, but I just realized that Y/n has an accent," Harry spoke. "Where are you from? I never got to know."

I laughed. "Well, I'm part British and part Irish, but my family moved to America before I was born. That's probably the accent that you hear. So while I still use British slang, the accent is from my environment over there."

Hermione sighed. "Why did the school year have to end?"

"I don't know," Ron answer. "But don't forget to send owls. I'll be expecting them." The train huffed, and then began to move away from the station. I looked out the window, admiring Hogwarts as we got farther and farther from the castle.

"I'll see you next year," I murmur out the window as Hogwarts disappeared behind a patch of trees.