Second Year; Empty Compartment

Y/n's POV

"I'm going to go grab my books," I tell my parents as we strolled down Diagon Alley to shop for my school supplies. "I'll be back in a moment." Flourish and Blotts was super crowded today, and I think I had an idea as to why. Gilderoy Lockhart was inside signing books and taking photos with fans. I, however, would not be one of them. In the bookstore, I just so happened to bump into Harry and Ginny, Ron's younger sister.

"Y/n," Harry greeted and gave me a hug. "It's so good to see. Come on. Ron and Hermione are around here somewhere."

"Look who's here. Can't even head into a bookstore without being noticed by everyone, Potter!" Malfoy spit, his eyes then moving over to me. "And Fawley, you're still associating yourself with him? I thought that over the summer you would've come to your senses and found some new friends that are worthy of knowing you."

"Draco, silence," an older man ordered. The man that looked like Draco, but was clearly older and had longer hair, walked up and touched Draco on the shoulder. "I don't believe we've ever met. Lucius Malfoy. I'm Draco's father."

I hesitated, but reached out and shook Lucius' outstretched hand. "Y/n Fawley."

"So you are the daughter that your father always bring up at work. I've been wanting to meet you for a while now. Draco has told me so many things about you," Lucius admitted.

"You work with my father?" I ask.

Lucius nodded. "Yes. In the Ministry. We are in different departments, but our paths cross from time to time."

"Oh. Well then I'll make sure to tell him you said hello. It was nice meeting you, Mr. Malfoy. Goodbye, Draco," I say politely through gritted teeth. "Bye Harry. I'll see you at school."

"Where are your books?" my mother questioned when I exited the store.

"It was too crowded in there with Lockhart being inside," I respond. "Let's just come back later. Oh, and dad, Lucius Malfoy said hi."

"You know Lucius?" my father quizzed.

I shook my head. "No. I just met him. I do know his son Draco though. He's in my year at school. But enough about them. Lets finish getting the supplies on my list."

...................................................

"Hey Hermione," I wave and enter the compartment she was sitting in. "Have you seen Ron or Harry? I was looking for them on the platform, but I couldn't seem to find them."

"No. They haven't come by yet. Maybe they found a different compartment," Hermione suggested.

"Yeah. Maybe," I murmur and stare out the window.

"Well, since we're here by ourselves, we could share a bit about our personal lives," Hermione proposed. "I just realized we don't know much about each other, so tell me about you and your family."

"Well, my mother was a Ravenclaw when she went to Hogwarts, and now she works in St. Mungos," I start. "My father was a Gryffindor during school, and he's an Auror for the Ministry for Magic. He's actually the one who got me into Quidditch. Back when he attended Hogwarts, he was a keeper for the Gryffindor team. Then I've got an older brother named Miles. He's a Ravenclaw like my mother, and this year is his seventh year at Hogwarts. As you know, I live in America. We live in a small manor in the countryside. Besides that, there's not much to tell. What about you?"

"My parents are dentists," Hermione spoke before going into detail about her life in the Muggle world. At Hogwarts, it wasn't until dinner that Harry and Ron joined us. They told us how the platform entrance wouldn't let them through, so they had to take Ron's dad's flying car to get here. And when landing, they got caught in the Whomping Willow, the large tree that stood at the end of the grounds. After the feast, we headed to the common room to get settled in. I was really tired today and wanted to get some rest for tomorrow because class was starting, so I climbed into my bed immediately and fell asleep.