Seventh Year; Meeting

Y/n's POV

"These are dark times. There is no denying it. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today, but I say this to our citizens. We, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you. Your ministry remains strong."          -Rufus Scrimgeour

"Y/n? Are you ready?" my mother asked and poked her head into my room. 

"Uh, yeah," I reply and set down the Daily Prophet. "I just got distracted. Sorry." I got up from my bed and followed my mother downstairs, where we met up with my father. All of us then grasped hands and apparated, appearing in front of Malfoy Manor. I smoothed the front of my black dress down as we passed through the gates and made sure my hair wasn't a mess because looking good in front of the death eaters was a must. Inside Malfoy Manor, I spotted a familiar face almost immediately, his platinum blonde hair sticking out amongst the others. "Draco!" I call out. Draco turned around, and when he saw me, he moved around the others present and embraced me tightly.

"I've missed you so much," Draco mumbled into my hair. 

"I know. It's been forever," I confess. The past few weeks had been quiet among the Dark Arts front. Ever since Dumbledore's death, we had been laying low, and that meant keeping our distance from each other. Even letters were rare because the Ministry was looking through everything.

"Come on," Draco urged and led me over to the long, dark mahogany table in the middle of the room. "I saved you a seat." I took a seat with Draco and his family while my parents sat further down the table with a few of their acquaintances. Once everyone took their seats, the meeting began.

"Severus, I was beginning to worry you'd lost your way. Come. We have saved you a seat. You bring news, I trust?" Voldemort assumed as Snape sat down. 

"It will happen next Saturday at nightfall," Snape disclosed. 

"I've heard differently my lord," Yaxley opposed. "Dawlish, the Auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month. The day before he turns 17." 

"This is a false trail. The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter," Snape shared. "Those closest to him think that we have infiltrated the Ministry." 

"Well, they got that right, didn't they?" a death eater put forth, which caused a few people to laugh. From further down the table, my father sat silently, not giving any information at all about what may or may not be true. He was still very deep within the Auror Dept., so I was confused as to why he didn't say anything, but I was also grateful that no eyes would be on my family and question our motives for being here.

"What say you, Pius?" Voldemort asked the man sitting at the opposite end of the table. 

"One hears many things my lord, but whether the truth is among them is not clear," Pius stated. 

"Spoken like a true politician. You will I think prove most useful, Pius," Voldemort commented. "Where will he be taken, the boy?" 

"To a safe house," Snape answered. "Most likely the home of someone in the Order. I'm told its been given protection of every manner possible. Once there it will be impractical to attack him." At that moment, Voldemort looked up, and his eyes just so happened to catch mine.

"Y/n, my dear. You've been so quiet," Voldemort noticed. "Tell us. Do you believe what Severus is saying to be true?" My throat suddenly became dry, and I swallowed a few times, then pinched my arm to get myself to talk. 

"I can't say for certain, but Harry does know a lot of people in the Order. I have met many of them myself, and from personal experiences, I can say that they are all very good at their work. Harry also wouldn't involve strangers in this mission for their own protection, so yes, I do believe that what Snape said is true," I agree.

"Thank you for your insight, Y/n," Voldemort thanked me. "It is greatly appreciated." 

"My lord, I'd like to volunteer myself for this task. I want to kill the boy," Bellatrix declared. Before Voldemort could respond to that, a scream echoed from somewhere in the house.

"Wormtail!" Voldemort summoned. "Have I not spoken to you about keeping our guest quiet?" 

"Yes, my lord. Right away, my lord," Wormtail muttered and walked away.

"As inspiring as I find your blood lust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter. However, I face an unfortunate complication," Voldemort announced and stood up before beginning to encircle the table. "My wand and Potter's share the same core. They are, in someway, twins. We can wound, but not fatally harm one another. If I am to kill him, I must do it with another's wand. Surely one of you would like the honor." This time, I stared ahead, fixing my eyes on the fireplace on the opposite wall so that my eyes would not meet the Dark Lord's. As soon as he passed by my chair, I let out a breath I didn't know that I was holding.

"What about you, Lucius?" Voldemort implored. 

"M-my lord?" Lucius questioned. 

"I require your wand," Voldemort told him and held out his hand. Lucius drew his wand and handed it to Voldemort, who broke the snake head off the end of it. 

"Do I detect elm?" Voldemort quizzed. 

"Yes, my Lord," Lucius replied. 

"And the core?" Voldemort pushed. 

"Dragon heart string, my lord," Lucius responded. Voldemort nodded, and then used Lucius' wand to summon over the woman who had been floating above our heads the entire meeting.

"To those of you who do not know, we are joined here tonight by Miss Charity Burbage, who, until recently, taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her specialty was muggle studies," Voldemort informed us, which caused some of the Death Eaters to laugh. I had never taken that class because of other interests, but I didn't believe that someone who taught a subject on muggles should be subjected to torture. "It is Miss Burbage's belief that Muggles are not so different than us. She would, given her way, have us mate with them." Again, the Death Eaters snickered. "To her, the mixture of magical and Muggle blood is not an abomination, but something to be encouraged. Avada Kedavra!"

A green light flew from the tip of the wand and hit the woman, killing her instantly. Her body fell against the table, and I flinched as the boom echoed around the room. Draco's hand found mine, and I laced my fingers with his, clutching his hand tightly. 

"I'm right here," Draco murmured quietly so that no one else would here him. His actions and words were slightly reassuring, but it didn't help the fact that I didn't want to be here.

"Nagini. Dinner," Voldemort directed. Nagini appeared at the opposite end of the table, slithering along the wood to where Ms. Burbage was. Then, she opened her mouth and began to feast.