The Department of Mysteries

Y/n's POV

"Department of Mysteries," the elevator chimed as the doors opened up, revealing the floor we were looking for. The group of us walked to the end of the hallway and stepped through the closed door, leading us straight to what we need to find. Hundreds of shelves filled the room, all packed with glowing orbs. I walked over to a shelf and scanned the names written on the prophecies, and I just so happened to recognize one.

"Harry, this one has your name on it," I alert my friend. Harry walked over to me and picked up the orb, staring down at it. He was only able to look for few seconds though before Hermione interrupted him.

"Harry. Look," Hermione murmured. I looked up at the same time as Harry to see a death eater approaching us, their wand already drawn.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked them.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams and reality," the death spoke and took off his mask, revealing the face of Lucius Malfoy. I shrunk behind my friends, hoping that Lucius wouldn't spot me, because I did not want to deal with him right now. "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now, hand me the prophecy."

"If you do anything to us, I'll break it," Harry threatened.

"He knows how to play. Itty, bitty baby, Potter," Bellatrix teased and appeared behind Lucius.

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville muttered.

"Neville Longbottom, is it? How's Mum and Dad?" Bellatrix cackled.

"Better now that they're about to be avenged," Neville shot back and pulled out his wand. Harry reached out and held his arm in front of Neville, stopping him before he could do anything.

"Now, let's everybody just calm down, shall we? All we want is that prophecy," Lucius claimed.

"Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry quizzed.

"You dare speak his name? You filthy half-blood," Bellatrix spit out.

Lucius waved Bellatrix off. "It's all right. He's just a curious lad."

"Harry, prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made," I announce, alerting the death eaters of my presence.

"Ah, my dear Y/n," Lucius greeted. "How great it is to see you again, although I didn't think it'd be here of all places. Draco told me that you two had split. Pity. I thought because of your family that you'd be a great match for Draco. After all, your parents do share the same values as us."

I frowned. "What do you mean? What are you getting at?"

"I have a feeling you'll find out soon enough," Lucius disclosed and turned back to Harry. "Now, lucky for you, Harry. Haven't you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord? Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant? Don't you want to know the secret of your scar? All the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do is give it to me. Then I can show you everything." At that moment, I noticed that more death eaters began to crowd around us. However, as soon as one of them saw us, more specifically me, they slowly backed into the darkness, disappearing completely.

"I've waited 14 years. I guess I can wait a little longer. Now!" Harry demanded.

"Stupefy!" we all shouted at once, our wands pointed in different directions. Our diversion had caused some of the death eaters to disappear, giving us a clear path. With that, we ran for it.

Somewhere in the chaos, we all got split up, and soon, I was alone running down a mostly dark hallway. I tried to quiet my breath sounds, but it was difficult since I was kind of running for my life. That's when a death eater appeared at my side and knocked into me, sending me crashing against the floor, scratching up my cheek in the process. I struggled to reach for my wand, which had fallen inches from my outstretched hand, but the death eater stepped on my palm, pinning it against the floor. His wand was then aimed at my face, and my brain struggled to come up with a plan.