Dumbledore's Will

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, there's someone downstairs looking to speak to you," my mom told me and poked her head into my bedroom. 

"Tell them I'm not interested in speaking to anyone," I say and continue reading the book in my hands. My mother sighed and left my room leaving me by myself again. However, seconds later, I heard footsteps approaching my door. "Mom, what did I say? Tell whoever is here to go-" I cut myself off because that's when I looked up and saw the Minster For Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour.

"Ms. Fawley, there are some things we need to discuss. Please, come with me," Rufus instructed and held out his arm. I set my book down quickly and slipped on my shoes, grabbing ahold of the minister's arm. We then apparated, and when we reappeared, I realized that we were in the Weasley's Burrow. Sitting in front of where we apparated were Hermione, Ron and Harry, all of whom looked unhappy to see me. 

"What is she doing here?" Harry asked, his voice laced with a cold undertone. 

"Ahem," Rufus muttered. "Lets get this show on the road. Herein is said forth the last will and testament of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. First, to Ronald Billius Weasley I leave my deluminator, a device of my own making, in hopes when things seem most dark, it will show you the light." 

Ron frowned. "Dumbledore left this for me?" 

"Yes," Rufus replied and handed Ron the object. Ron took the object into his hand and clicked the lighter, causing all of the lights in the room to travel into it. When clicked again, the lights traveled back to their places.

"To Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of Tales of Beedle the Bard, in the hope that she finds it entertaining and instructive," Rufus disclosed and handed the book over to her. Hermione took the book and stared down at the cover, rubbing over the words with her fingers. "To Harry James Potter, I leave the snitch he caught in his first match at Hogwarts as a reminder of rewards of perseverance and skill." 

"Is that it then?" Harry questioned. 

"Not quite," Rufus answered. I sighed and fiddled with the sleeves of my sweater. It was my turn to receive a gift from Dumbledore, but to be honest, I didn't think I deserved anything after what had happened.  "To Y/n M/n Fawley, I leave my pocket watch, in hopes that she can use her brain and discover how it works. It will be of great help to her once she discovers it's secrets." Rufus then handed me the pocket watch, which felt heavy in hands.

"I'm sorry, but I can't take this," I oppose and give the watch back to Rufus. 

"I agree with Y/n. She shouldn't have anything of Dumbledore's," Harry concurred. 

"The watch is yours, Ms. Fawley. It was Dumbledore's last wish, and it is something I cannot change. You are stuck with it. Take Dumbledore's advice into account. Discover what the watch holds, and then maybe it will be of great help," Rufus advised and handed the watch back to me. With that, he gathered up his things and apparated away, leaving me with Harry, Hermione and Ron, all of whom kept sneaking glances at me.

"Can we talk? Please," I plead. "I want to explain everything that happened."

"There's no need to explain," Harry spit at me. "You sat by and watched as Dumbledore was murdered. You didn't even try to stop it."

"What did you want me to do, Harry? If I would have tried to stop Dumbledore's death, I would have been killed," I defend. "Why can't you just trust me? I'm still the same person I've always been. The same girl you shared a train compartment with for six years." Harry reached forward and grabbed my left arm, pushing back my sleeve to reveal the dark mark. I quickly yanked my arm away from him and pulled my sleeve back down, brining my arm to my chest. 

"Because you have that. That's why I can't trust you," Harry claimed. 

"I didn't have a choice in getting this, Harry," I declare as tears began to fall from my eyes. "Please believe me when I tell you that. You know me. You know who I am. You-" 

"You should get going," Ron interrupted. "We've got a wedding to attend." 

"No," I object. "You haven't let me explain."

"I think it's best that you leave," Hermione spoke without looking up at me. 

I sighed and hastily wiped the tears from my eyes. "Fine. If that's what you guys want, then I'll go. Just know that I still consider you guys friends, even after everything that's happened. You guys can't possibly know how much all of our years we spent together at Hogwarts mean to me, but they're some of my most treasured memories. So if the Death Eaters ask about you guys, I won't say a word, no matter how they try and force it out of me." I took one more look at the three of them, none of whom would meet my gaze, and then I apparated back to my house.