Practice

Y/n's POV

It was a bright, sunny afternoon, which meant it was the perfect time to introduce Harry to Quidditch. He had never played, but with his talent, we could get him acquainted with the sport in no time. Oliver and I carried a big, brown trunk out into the middle of the castle grounds and set it down in the middle of the grass.

"Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has seven players. Two beaters, three chasers, one keeper, and a seeker," Oliver told Harry and picked up the largest of the three balls. "Now, there are three balls used in Quidditch. This is called the Quaffle. Y/n's goal is to handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of the three hoops. The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops. Are you with me so far Harry?" 

"I think so," Harry replied.

"You better take this," Oliver instructed and handed a bat to Harry. He then bent down and released the medium sized ball from the crate. With an angry growl, it flew into the air. "Careful now. It's coming back." The bludger came whizzing down, and with a swing of the bat, Harry knocked the bludger away. "Not bad, Potter. You would make a fair beater." 

"Uh, Oliver? It's coming back," I alert him. The bludger then zoomed back down, and Oliver grabbed it firmly. He managed to wriggle it back into the box and strapped it down tightly so that it wouldn't get free. 

"What was that?" Harry questioned. 

"That was a Bludger," I answer.

"Yeah. They're nasty little buggers," Oliver confirmed. "But the only ball I want you to worry about is this, Harry. The Golden Snitch." 

"Oh, I like this ball," Harry commented as Oliver revealed the tiny golden ball.

"You may like it now, but you just wait. It's wicked fast and nearly impossible to see," Oliver claimed. 

"Well what do I do with it?" Harry quizzed. 

"You catch it," Oliver responded. "Before the other team's seeker​ does. You catch this, and the game is over. Because if you catch this, then we win." After the quick Quidditch lesson, Harry and I headed to Charms where we took our seats amongst our other friends. 

"One of the most rudimentary skills is levitation, or the ability to make objects fly," Professor Flitwick declared. "Now, you've all got your feathers. Don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing. Swish and flick. And don't forget to say Wingardium Leviosa. Off you all go." Everyone around me started practicing with their feathers while I just eyed the one in front of me. 

"Are you going to do something Fawley?" Malfoy implored "Or are you just going to stare at that feather all day? It won't move on it's own you know." 

"Don't you have better things to do then bother me Malfoy," I spit out. 

"Obviously, but I'd rather mess with you. Seriously though, that feather won't get up and float without you using a spell on it," Malfoy exclaimed. "So why aren't you waving your wand like the rest of us?"

 "I was just thinking," I say. "So if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to that." 

"Sure," Draco drew out. "Or you just don't want to embarrass yourself in front of everyone if you do it wrong."

"You want me to do the spell? Fine. I will," I murmur and point my wand at the feather that sat in front of Draco. "Windgardium Leviosa." In seconds, the feather floated into the air slowly along with another feather, belonging to Hermione. 

"Well done!" Professor Flitwick shouted. "See here students! Ms. Granger and Ms. Fawley have done it!" 

I smirked at Draco as I set his feather back down. "Don't underestimate me, Malfoy. I'm more capable then people may think." By the time dinner rolled around, I was starving and exhausted. But as soon as I sat down, I noticed that Hermione wasn't anywhere to be found. And when I asked Neville, he said that someone saw her run into the girl's bathroom crying. "I'm going to go find her. I'll be right back." 

"Good luck," Harry yelled after me. Upon, exiting the Great Hall, I navigated myself to the nearest girl's bathroom, which wasn't too far away. When I got there, I heard sniffling coming from one of the stalls.

"Hermione? Is that you?" I ask. 

"What do you want?" Hermione sniffled. Before I could say anything, a troll walked into the bathroom. And I'm not talking about a weird looking girl that could have passed as a troll. I'm talking about a real life actual troll. That's when Hermione exited her stall, and she noticed what I was looking at. Then, at the same time, we both screamed and ran into the same stall, locking the door behind us.