Malfoy Manor

Y/n's POV

My parents had forced me to attend school even after everything that had happened. On the train ride, I couldn't bring myself to find people that I used to hang out with and ask to sit with them because I knew all of them would say no and shun me. I mean, they all knew who I was and what I had become. So, I stayed in the bathroom and tried my best to stop the tears that always threatened to spill from my eyes.

The school year itself was also tough, and very different from the past years. The death eaters had taken over, and everything was in shambles. The Ravenclaws now stayed with the Gryffindors, our common room being combined into one. And while the common room used to be a place I enjoyed, I now feared it because of the people who resided in it. Every time I entered it, everyone stared at me until I left the room. I did my best to stay out as late as I could so that when I got to the common room, it was empty, and when I walked into my dormitory, everyone was asleep. I would then wake up earlier than everyone else and make my way down to breakfast so that I could eat in peace.

After breakfast, I would head out to the Quidditch pitch to relax before my classes. There was no Quidditch at all this year, which made me upset. Quidditch was the one thing that I looked forward to every year, and this year, because Harry was no longer attending school, I should have been Quidditch Captain. Sometimes I would use this time to study for upcoming exams, and other times I would practice Quidditch on my own. There was really no point because there were no games, but it provided me a little solace.

Lunch and dinner were different stories. I got to the Great Hall as fast as I could, loaded food onto a plate, and ran off to the Room of Requirement which I had transform into a small, cozy place with a single little table, a comfortable arm chair, and a single light that hung from the ceiling. There I would eat and do my homework so no one could bother me. At the end of the day, after dinner, I spent my time in the library where I studied books on wizard laws and spells that would be useful if I ever got the chance to become an Auror. My day would then repeat, and everything would happen in the same way it did the day before.

Over break, I stayed at Draco's house with his family. I had managed to convince my mom and dad that spending some time with Draco and his family would help me become more invested in the whole Death Eater thing. But that was a sham. I would never, and I mean never, fully invest myself in this life. I was snuggled up against Draco's chest, the two of us laying in silence together.

"How's school?" Draco asked me. 

"Can we not talk about that?" I breathe out. 

Draco frowned. "It's that bad?" 

"Yeah," I reply.

"I wish I could be there with you," Draco claimed and rubbed his hand up and down my back. 

"Well I don't," I oppose. "Then you'd be facing the same things I am. It's bad enough for me, but it'd be worse for you." That's when the door to Draco's room opened, and his mother stepped inside. 

"We need to see you both downstairs," Narcissa told us. 

Draco sat up. "Any particular reason why?" 

"We need your help in identifying someone. Please, just come downstairs," Narcissa pleaded. I untangled myself from Draco's arms and grabbed my shoes from where they sat next to his bed, sliding them on as Draco followed suit. Once the two of us were ready, Narcissa led us downstairs into the main room of Malfoy Manor. There, I saw two snatchers holding Hermione and Ron while Bellatrix was holding Harry. His face was all messed up though, hiding his real facial features. Anyone who didn't know him would be unsure if this was actually Harry, but because I had spent the past few school years spending a lot of time with him, I could tell that it was in fact Harry Potter. His face must have been the result of a spell, no doubt performed by Hermione to hide his true identity.