Shrieking Shack

Y/n's POV

Suddenly, the door to the room burst open, and Professor Lupin stepped inside. At first I thought that meant we were being saved. But that thought changed completely when Lupin hugged Sirius like they'd known each other their whole lives. 

"I trusted you!" Hermione shouted at our Professor. "I covered your trail! And you've been friends with him the whole time?"

"Hermione, what are you talking about?" Harry asked. 

"Professor Lupin is a werewolf," I deduce. "It explains why your boggart was a full moon. And all the days that you were missing from class and Snape had to cover you, those were days that there was a full moon." 

Lupin smiled. "You two are by far the smartest students I have ever taught. Well done. I'm surprised someone actually figured it out."

"You betrayed my parents," Harry yelled at Sirius. "You are the reason that they're dead!" 

"No, Harry," Sirius disagreed. "I would never betray Lily and James. But someone in this room did." 

"There is no one else in the room," Harry claimed. 

Sirius shook his head. "That's where you're wrong. Come out come out Peter!" Throughout his shouting, Sirius was looking at Ron, who seemed to be getting more confused by the second.

"You're mad," Ron breathed out. At that moment, I realized that Scabbers was twisting around, trying to escape Ron's grip, and both Lupin and Sirius held their wands towards Ron. But before either of them could cast a spell, another person entered the room. This time, it was Snape.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape spoke and pointed his wand in the direction of the two adults. Both Lupin and Sirius' wands flew from their hands and into Snape's, but just as quickly, Harry had his wand out aimed in Snape's direction. 

"Expelliarmus!" Harry said. Snape flew against the wall and was rendered unconscious, leaving the six of us alone again. "Peter who?

"Pettigrew," Sirius replied. "We were friends during our time at Hogwarts. He was the one who betrayed your parents." That's when Scabbers scampered out of Ron's hands, and Lupin got his wand back just in time. He shot a spell at Scabbers, who started twitching, and then turned into a human. Peter tried to escape again, but Sirius shoved him back and raised his returned wand. 

"Don't," Harry opposed. "We'll take him back to the castle." 

"Thank you dear boy," Peter graveled. 

"I didn't say you were free. When we're done with you, you're going to the dementors," Harry told him. 

For the walk back outside, Harry and Hermione helped Ron limp along while I still kept a close hold on my injured arm. Lupin had also cast a spell on Snape so that he was sleepwalking, and that way, we could get him back to the castle as well. I just so happened to look up at the sky as we exited the tunnel, and my face turned pale. A full moon was sitting in the sky, fully visible. Lupin suddenly went rigid, and Peter took this as his chance to run off. He turned himself back into a rat before running away. Lupin began to shift, and then, standing in front of us was a werewolf. Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I stumbled backwards into Snape, making the spell on him break, and we all toppled to the ground. Sirius turned into a dog chasing Lupin off into the forest. Harry took off towards them, and Hermione tried to run forward, but Snape stopped her. He lead us back to the castle and into the hospital wing, and the whole time, all I could think about was Harry. Hopefully he didn't get hurt. In the hospital wing, I was put into a bed where Madam Pomfrey checked me over. 

"Oh dear," Madam Pomfrey mumbled. "You've got yourself a nasty broken arm. Don't worry. We'll get you healed in no time." Madam Pomfrey wrapped my arm up in bandages and gave me a sling, and minutes later, Snape brought an unconscious Harry into the wing. When he woke up, Hermione told him that Sirius had been captured. She then helped Harry up and revealed a pendant from under her sweater. 

"We can save some innocent lives tonight," Hermione exclaimed. "Y/n, Ron, we'll be back in a moment." The two of them disappeared, and just as quickly, they ran back through the hospital doors.

"What?" Ron muttered. "I was just talking to you guys. How did you get over there?" I looked over at Hermione, who winked at me in return. She had used a time turner. That's how she had been getting to all of her classes. That night, I had to stay in the hospital wing, but right as I was released the next morning, I headed to Lupin's office. When I got there, he was packing up his things into a suitcase.

"Hello, Y/n," Lupin greeted without looking up. 

"You can't leave. You're the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that I've ever had. You actually taught me something useful," I declare. 

"Word got out about my illness," Lupin shared. "Parents do not want something like me teaching their kids. And Y/n, no matter who your teacher is, you'll continue to do well in this class. You have a brilliant mind. I'm sure you'll use it well."

I walked over and gave Lupin the best hug that I could because of my wrapped up arm. "Thank you for everything you've taught me, Professor. I'll never forget it. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do next." 

Lupin chuckled. "And I wish you the best of luck with school next year. But do me a favor." 

"Anything Professor," I say. 

"Keep quiet about you being able to use the Patronus charm," Lupin requested. "You shouldn't even be taught that at Hogwarts. I don't want to get in trouble even after I've left." 

"Of course," I pledge. "Goodbye Professor Lupin." With one last wave, I left to head to the Great Hall.

"Y/n," Draco called out and ran up to meet me as I entered the hall. "I heard what happened. Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay." I smiled at Draco's kindness towards me. It was kind of weird, but I liked it. 

"I'm fine, Draco," I assure him. "It's just a broken arm. I'll live." 

"Well, it's been great spending time with you this year, Fawley," Draco stated and stuck out his hand. 

I reached out and shook it with the hand of my good arm. "The same goes to you, Malfoy. I hope we can do this again next year." At the Gryffindor table, Harry was holding a broomstick in his hands, the word Firebolt etched into the handle. 

"You've got to try it out," Neville insisted. So, we all followed Harry outside where he mounted his broom and flew into the air. All of the Gryffindors cheered as we watched him fly through the air. As I kept my gaze trained on my friend, I thought about all that had happened this year. While I was injured, and things hadn't gone exactly as planned, I had become closer to Draco and learned how to use the Patronus Charm. Maybe my father was right. Maybe third year was a big deal. You just had to experience it to believe it.