The Astronomy Tower

Y/n's POV

I sat with Draco in the hospital wing while he recovered, holding his hand as I waited for him to wake up. It was getting dark outside, but I managed to convince Madam Pomfrey to let me stay with Draco for a little bit longer. 

"You had me worried," I tell Draco and clutch his hand once I noticed that he was awake. "Never do that again. I can't lose you."

"Believe me, I don't ever want to experience that again either," Draco agreed. "Thank you for being here with me."

"I wouldn't dream of being anywhere else," I confess and smile at him. "You're everything to me, Draco."

"And you to me," Draco returned and sat up in his bed.

"Well, now that you're awake, we should talk. I know you cursed the necklace that was found in Katie Bell's possession and that you poisoned the mead that Slughorn was going to gift to Dumbledore," I disclose.

"Y/n," Draco started.

"No, Draco," I interject. "Let me finish. I also know you've been mending the vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirements. That means you've still been trying to carry out the task the Dark Lord assigned you. But you don't have to do that. We could leave. Run far away from this place and start a new life."

"Where would we go, Y/n?" Draco asked. "He'd find us. He'll always find us. And I have to do this. If I don't, Voldemort will kill my family, and probably you as well. I have to protect you all, no matter the cost."

"Well then I'm coming with you," I declare. "I'm not letting you do this alone."

"What? Are you insane? Y/n, I can't ask you to become a death eater for me," Draco spoke. 

"You don't have to because I already am one," I share and lift up the sleeve on my left arm to reveal the dark mark. The scar I had received in my second year was still a bit visible beneath the black ink of the new mark, making it seem like I had two of them.

"When did you get that?" Draco implored. 

"Over the summer before the school year," I reply. "Why do you think my family was always at your manor? And why do you think I've been wearing long sleeves all year?" 

"B-but how?" Draco stammered.

"My mother's maiden name is Selwyn," I reveal.

"Selwyn? I've heard that name before. My parents they-"

I cut Draco off. "Yeah. They've probably mentioned it a few times because my mother's side of the family has been aligned with the Dark Arts for ages. Believe me when I tell you that I didn't want this. Far from it, actually. And I know you didn't either. It was forced on you just like it was on me and my older brother once he finished Hogwarts. Knowing that I had to hide this from you killed me, and if anyone else found out...."

"But your father is an Auror," Draco pointed out. "How can he do that and work with Voldemort?"

"He got into the position way before he officially joined the death eaters. He knew who my mother was and the family she was apart of, and just shortly before my brother was born, he got involved. And now he's working for Voldemort. He's practically a spy, telling Voldemort all about what the Ministry knows. It's why there has been a decline in the capture of death eaters the past few years. My father has been behind all of that," I explain.

"I can't believe this," Draco mumbled.

"Me either," I concur. "Now, I don't like this plan anymore than you do, but we have to go now if you want to try and salvage it." Once Draco was up, he led me to the Room of Requirement where he showed me the completed vanishing cabinet. "Wow. How'd you even get this thing to work?"