03

"One more." The man shouted.

JeongYeon lifted up one more box and settled it on the mini truck. She sighed in relief and wiped her sweat. The man then drove away and JeongYeon went back to her work that was settling other boxes to another mini truck.

"Do everyone need to go?" JeongYeon asked to the person on the counter.

"Yeah, because they want us to shift the people from here."

"But isn't it ours?" JeongYeon asked frowning.

"It's ours but not one the paper. The land owner wanna sell his property and he has rights to do that." the man said and JeongYeon just nodded.

The area was disappearing slowly. Many people had already left and moved to another place. JeongYeon's didn't want this but she knew she needed to do that or their landlord will kick them out. They were there for years but now suddenly they needed to move from there and find a new place.

"Where will we go?" JeongYeon mumbled to herself.

"Hey this one." A man shouted pointing at the boxes. JeongYeon nodded and went to help as she needed to make money from that.

.

.

.

.

.

"Mom is sick. No need to create a drama." SeungYeon said as JeongYeon entered frowning.

"Why the hell you asked for a place from them?" JeongYeon asked in her low tone.

"We need to move and we don't have a place so what else you expect from us?" SeungYeon whispered shouting.

"I'll manage everything. Just don't beg in front of uncle for anything."

"What will you do, huh? You'll buy this place for us?" SeungYeon asked mocking her. JeongYeon didn't reply and went inside her room.

.

.

.

.

.

"Do you think it's for free?" The maid asked to another who was eating the banana from the fridge.

"Ma'am will kill you."

"She's going to waste it anyway so why not use it."

"Get out." NaYeon said entering inside the kitchen. Their souls left their bodies as NaYeon walked toward them.

"Get out." NaYeon calmly said to the maid. The banana slipped from her hand and she gulped hardly.

"I'm sorry ma'am." The maid begged but NaYeon slapped her using all her might.

"Get lost." She yelled. The maid nodded quickly and left.

"I'm going to waste myself so why not use it?" NaYeon mumbled looking at her hand she used to slap the maid.

.

.

.

.

.

"How's this possible?" JeongYeon asked in disbelief.

"You won't believe me unnie. The rent is more than my school fees." JeongYeon's cousin, ChaeYoung said.

"Can't you find any better place?"

"Better place means money." ChaeYoung said munching her food.

"What about your place?"

"Only students are allowed here but still I'll try to help you."

"Thank you, baby. Take care. See you soon." JeongYeon ended the call.

JeongYeon placed the telephone on its place and went back in her room. She was not sleepy anymore because the tension of her family was more important than her sleep. She quickly needed to find a better place somewhere before the landlord will knock their door.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Don't forget to vote...

   👇