Chapter 17

***Aarons Point Of View***

I havent seen, or heard, anything about Madison or Brent for the whole entire day. Its now 11:58pm and im sitting awake, like a lovesick puppy, waiting for Madison. I stare up at the ceiling just thinking about her. Where was she? How was she? Why didnt she eat? Is she alright? What are they doing to her? All these things are running through my mind until the room door opens. Thinking its the guard checking in, I close my eyes a little more so it looks like theyre closed, but theyre not. I am not planning on getting sleeping meds. I look through my eye slits and see a large figure carrying a much smaller figure. The large figure puts the small one on the bed gently and leaves. I wait a few minutes to see if its Madison, buy when i turn the figure is hugging its knees and facing the wall, rocking back and forth and sniffling. I know thats Madison. I get up slowly and walk over. I put my knee on the bed and it creeks. Madi sniffles loudly and stiffens up.

"I-Im fine. Go back to bed. " She says, trying to cover up her voice, but fails. I sit fully in the bed and lightly touch the rim of her ear. Her body shakes and she moves away from my hand.

"Aaron please leave me alone. I... I... I dont want to be bothered... " She says strongly.

"Please dont push me away. " I say gently and try to touch her arm but she moves away again. I sigh and get off her bed. I lie down in my bed, while I hear Madison cry. I want to be there for her, to comfort her, but she wont even let me near her. I stare at the ceiling and stay up, even when she finally falls asleep, leaning her head against the wall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up way before breakfast time. The room was still dark and I heard nobody outside the doors. I look at the little digital clock on the counter and it reads 2:38am. Shit. I had only an hour of sleep. I try to sleep again but the sleepiness doesnt come back. I sigh and sit up. I rub my eyes and remember I still havent spent time with Marley. I rush up and head towards the shower. I quickly wash my hair and body and change into fresh attire. I lightly open the door and slip through, making sure not to wake Madison. I walk down the hallway and see Marley boredly swiping on her phone. I walk up and tap the freshly polished counter top.

"Excuse me ma'm, but i believe i owe you some well needed company. " i say in a British accent. She looks up suprised.

"Aaron, you finally decide to show up eh?!" She asks smirking. I roll my eyes.

"Stop being a drama queen Mar. A lot has happened. I couldnt sleep so just take this as extra company. " I say climbing over the counter. I turn myself over and let myself land on the floor. I sit on her chair and take a sip of her coffee.

"So whats up?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spend six hours talking with Marley and joking around. Marley gives great company, and plus shes only 32, so shes not that old. I climb back over the desk when i see teens walking to the cafeteria.

"Well see yah Mar. Duty calls. " I say turning away. She waves at me, then i hear a gasp.

"Oh wait!! Aaron!!" I turn back and shes holding the ring Madison had on.

"They gave this to me yesterday. Take it. I know its important. I'll make a letter, telling them you guys got authorization for those rings. Okay?!" I nod and get the ring from her.

"Thank you Mar. " i say and walk to the cafeteria.

I walk into the cafe and see everybody except Madison at the table. I grab a blueberry muffin and a carton of orange juice and walk over. I sit down and notice that Brian looks like hes seen a murderer. Not wanting to bother him, because i know he doesnt like being bothered when hes not feeling good, I focus my attention to Mitchell and Gabriel.