Chapter 9

So it's been a month since I told all the boys including Adam my story. And nothing really has changed. all the boys went home on Friday because their parents were missing them which is utterly adorable. so we just hang out I'm school. after school I don't really see them so now I'm basically alone on weekends and school days. but the only person that tries with me is Brent. he hangs out with me all the time and sometimes we hang out after school. but one thing that's really weird is he's always getting me out of last period. and he's been exchanging facial expressions with Aaron. Brent gives him a stern look and nods his head but Aaron shakes his head no. I've been gettting this for 2 weeks and it's really weirding me out. I'm getting to the bottom of this today.

it's Friday and I got to school ten minutes before the bell. I walked straight in ignoring all voices calling me name. oh did I mention the football team, well the ones I met, have been super friendly too. I walk straight into class. ms.malery sees me and smiles.

"i see we're back to our usual schedule?" I nod my head and walk to the board and grab a dry erase marker. at least for today. I'm not exactly on good terms. she nods her head. are we doing anything today?

" today we are going to have a relaxing day. I've decided at least twice a month you will have a chill day." I nod my head and take a seat in the back. that's just what I needed another chill day. the other one got me into a mess. the last thing I need is for me to run out again. the bell rings and everybody starts filing in. Adam and Brent see me and walk over. I turn away facing the corner of the wall.

"mads we were calling you." Brent says taking a seat next to me. so does Adam.

"yeah I know." I say back bitterly looking quickly at the side of my eyes.

"then why didn't you answer back?!" Brent says slightly agitated.

"why do I need to?!" I say facing him, whisper yelling.

"what the hell is wrong with you?! " he says back to me whisper yelling.

"everything! now leave me alone!?" I say whispering this time and facing the corner again. I hear him sigh in agitation and walk away. but I only hear him leaving not Adam. a tear runs down my cheek. I let out a little sniffle.

"Adam what do you want?" I say lightly. I hear shuffling, then I feel him sit next to me. he places a hand on my thigh. I look down at his hand, just staring at it.

"i don't want to leave you alone." he says back lowly. I look at him. he has a sincere little smile. I couldn't help but smile at him. that's when I notice I don't really like Brent it's more like I like that he's different than most boys, like a fantasy. but that's what's wrong it shouldn't feel like a fantasy it should feel like reality. it's more like lust than love. I look down and put together the pieces. that's when it clicks. Brent feels the same with me. he likes putting people back together and I'm like his project but he also has a little lust for me so he's just confused like I was.

"umm Madison you okay?" I look up and see him confused.

"yeah I was just thinking. nothing to worry about, I'm alright." I say slightly smiles back. he rubs the back of my hand. I scooch over a little and lean my head on his shoulder. I waste the whole period leaning on Adams shoulder and holding his hand. not once did I bother about Brent or anything. the bell rang and everybody runs out the class. I slowly get up and so does Adam. I grab my bookbag and he grabs his. we walk into the hallway in an awkward silence. he finally talks to me when I'm in front of my locker.

"uhh Madison can I umm well can you come with me to see a ermm movie tonight?" he says avoiding eye contact and playing with his fingers. I close my locker and smile.