Femme Fatale Part 2 (Taeyong)

Start from the beginning

"Did he get it?" he asked.

"That night, I let him catch me.  He thought I was just some weak scientist, so his guard was down, and I was able to escape.  Y/N found me tied up in their stock room.  She's the daughter of leader of the mafia your dad is a part of, but that night she said she would protect me no matter what.  She was the reason I could escape, and we've been moving around ever since.  I'm sorry I had to put a child through all that.  But I'm also sorry to the child who grew up alone."

Taeyong's eyes were brimmed with tears.  "In the end, I turned out just like Dad, right?  Killing people spontaneously to get what I want?"

His mother reached for his hand.  She made a tsk tsk sound when she felt his rough hands riddled with calluses.  "But that man did that with a bad purpose in mind.  You were just on the side of justice."

You swerved into another lane as the black cars behind you grew closer.  They were starting to surround you so that you couldn't escape, but this car was made for a little fun.  Stepping on the gas, you warned your passengers to hold on tight and you zig-zagged through the highway traffic.  One of the cars behind you jutted its bumper into your tail lights, and the car wobbled.  

"Hang on," you gritted your teeth.  You studied the ramp that you were entering and the ramp below it.  If you could get the timing right...

"No way," Taeyong dug his nail into the seat.  "There's no way you're making that."

"Watch me," you smiled.  You revved up the engine and blasted forward.  You looked like you were about to complete the curve of the ramp, but you added a little more speed and lifted into the air as you broke past the edge.  

Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion.  Taeyong gripped his mother's hand tightly and squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the crash.  You landed the car perfectly on the lower ramp, but of course, the landing had scraped up the car badly.  Taeyong's insides churned as you drove even faster, but he breathed a sign of relief when he saw signs for the airport.

"Your private jet is waiting for you.  I've already arranged for a private flight to Brazil.  Stay with your mother there."

Taeyong shifted his eyes to you.  "What about-"

"Me?  I'll be fine."

You zoomed past the barricades and limped the car over to Taeyong's jet.  But as you were getting out, the black cars that had been following you showed up.

"No one move," the leader grumbled, and men clothed in black with weapons in all shapes and sizes emerged from the cars.  

You froze, seeing your father lead them.  All these years, you'd been fighting against his rule, trying to set things right, but seeing him in the flesh, you felt even angrier.  Why had your father gone down this path?  Why hadn't you or Mom had been able to stop him?  Why did he hurt this innocent boy and his mother by taking a father away from his family?  

"Y/N.  Didn't think I'd ever meet you here," your father chuckled.  "Everything will be over if you just let that woman hand over her vial of formula.  You may not want to live forever, but I do."

A man stepped forward, and you figured he was Taeyong's dad because the resemblance was strong.  He had those strong eyebrows and sharp jawline.  His expression was fierce, and he shifted his gaze sadly from his son to his wife.  You could tell he was regretting everything.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you," Taeyong's father weeped.  "I should have put my family above everything else.  Greed got the best of me."

Your father laughed before quickly pulling out his gun and shooting at the man.  His body grew limp as he fell to the ground, and Taeyong's mother stumbled backwards in horror.