34. Rainbow

Yoongi's eyes were locked to the ground. As much as he wanted to know what does Umji meant when she said something about 'things that shouldn't happened', he was afraid. He was scared that he might make a mistake and do something that make him regret later.

"I really have something to tell you oppa." Umji start to break the silence that has been killing them.

Yoongi look up to her with thousand of questions in his mind. But above all he just wanted Umji to openly come out and tell him everything that she has been hiding. He could feel the tension between them was crackling like electricity, ticking like a time bomb that might explode anytime.

"I think I should come straight forward for this. It's been too long and it is not right. I'm well aware of it." She said carefully, her eyes desperately trying to catch his.

"... what do you mean?" Yoongi frowned as he saw her sincere stare.

"I would be a fool if I've never realised those feeling that you had. You had always sacrificed your own happiness when it comes to me. And, I know everything oppa. I do."

Yoongi could feel his heart skip a beat with the sentence. He tried to say something but it felt like his lips were sealed and he can barely reply to the girl.

"I'm sorry if you feel like I've been putting blind eyes for your heart." She continued as the later was too startled to say anything.

His heart wrenched as he saw the only girl that could touch his icy cold heart's face turn disheartened.

"You don't have to say anything, oppa. I know it's my fault for not-"
"Hey, it's not. It's never your fault." He finally gathered his courage to speak up.

"I'm sorry if I look like a fool to you but there is nothing I can do anyway. I... really like you, Umji." As Yoongi look back at her, Umji blinked couple times and tears start pooling in her eyes.

"Just give me a time to straightened everything out. By then, I promise you that I'll double the amount of affection you've ever poured for me. Let's stop all this fake relationship and start building our own love story, shall we? Let's date for real oppa." She earnestly looked in his eyes.

There's no other words that could explain his feelings at the moment. It almost feel as if he escape from 1 million debts, as if he finally able to find the leprechaun's gold at the end of rainbow. Yoongi gave his most sincere smile as he slowly grab her grips.

"I know you've been crushed. But, please let me put colours in your world and make you happy, Umji. Please... be happy and content. Let's have our life happily together."

***

"What are we celebrating again?"

Eunha raised her eyebrows in confusion. She was still in dazed the fact that Jungkook suddenly told her that they're going to have dinner with their friends. As far as she knows they would only eat out together once or twice a month. But, including this one, it would make a total of four lunch/dinner they had spend together just for the month. It is not that she didn't like it, but she was also well aware of each other's busy schedule, thus she know best that her friends shouldn't have that much time to just leisurely spend so.

Jungkook who was taking a sip of his mango punch blinked blankly couple time at his wife before answering,

"I'm not sure too my dear. I just come since they asked me to."
"They who?"
"Err...."

Her husband's quizzical looks stopped Eunha from asking further.

"So, guys I think most of you guys know why we're here, right?" Jin who suddenly stood up with his glass of champagne, acting like a king who was going to announce a wedding of his heir stole all the attention at the place.