17. Soulmates

Today was Umji's new apartment house warming party so she can't be more excited as she got to see her old friends. 'It is great to see the others again after a few months I've lost contact with them.'

When Umji moved out to Japan, it was not just her who went away, she abruptly cuts off all the connection that she had in Korea. They were surprised with her act, but they wanted to understand her more so they did nothing about it. Since then, they have been receiving news about her either from Sowon or her brother, Namjoon.

"Where do I put this one?" Yoongi poked his head from the kitchen's cabinet. He was holding a big plate of Sicilian spaghetti with his gummy smile. Umji just point out to the big table situated in the living room silently.

"You cook this by yourself? You know how to cook? This is amazing!" Yoongi said as he devours the spaghetti. Umji just shook her head in disbelief, looking at the hungry Yoongi.

"You should've wait for the others, oppa."
"Well, my stomach can't stop growling so if you had to put a blame on something, blame this." He rubs his tummy. Umji giggles as he mischievously smiles at her.

"Are you really sure you went to Japan for modelling and not cooking?" He tried to come with a joke. But to his surprise, the situation becomes dull with the question. Umji looks dolefully at him and said,

"I have to learn if I want to survive, oppa."
"But, you lived with your parents back in Japan, right? As far as I know, they hired a maid to help around." Yoongi arched his eyebrow in confusion.

"I... didn't live with them oppa. I lived alone."

***

Eunha crossed her arm as she heard the invitation. If it was not because all the exhaustion that she got to face this few days, perhaps she would've said yes when she heard about the party. But, she was just too tired to think of anything so she lazed around her bed as she take a look of Jungkook who is getting ready.

"You should wear t shirt with sweatshirt more. You look quite cute in them." She said as she observed him. He just turn her compliment with a sweet smile.

"Aren't you coming? You're going to miss all the excitement."
"What excitement? I can't remember them anyway, so what's the point of going there?" She groans of the fact that she will meet some strangers.

"Well.... Umji is there."
"Daa... it was her house warming party, of course she'll be there. I was talking about the others. I will definitely failed to recognise more than half of them."

Jungkook sit in silent for a while before he continued.

"You know Taehyung hyung. And your unnie will also be there."
"Who else?" She ask, uninterested.

"Yoongi hyung? You've met him, right?"

Her expression immediately turns brighter.

***

Eunha widened her eyes as she tasted the chocolate cake.

"This is so good!" She whispered to her husband.

"I've told you that you will miss the excitement if you didn't come." He giggles.

"Well, thank you for dragging me here then husband."

A wry smile curved on Jungkook face as he moved towards the smaller table at the corner.

"I'll go get you some drinks." Eunha just nod as she took another bite of the cake. 'Ouf! I can't get enough of this.'

She then took a look around the house. The party was full of several people consist of their high school cliques and also some of Umji's model friends. And just like she said she would, she cannot recognise most of them. Except for Umji, Yoongi, her sister and her brother in law, everyone looks like a stranger. So, in order to make situation less awkward, she just bowed down her head to whoever bow to her and replied a hug of those who hugs her. It is as simple as that.