33. Origami

"I wish I am a werewolf."

It was Sunday 9 am in the morning. Jungkook was at the kitchen preparing the breakfast when Eunha suddenly blurted out her daily weird thoughts. She put away the book in her hand, pouting cutely as if her husband could see her.

"All of sudden, dear?" Jungkook shouted from the kitchen even though he could care less of what was happening in his wife's mind.

"Hmm... yeah." She rested her head on the sofa, laying comfortably.

"Well, you know about how werewolf can sniff their mate right? Like they can only smell them and they know it's their soulmate. Isn't that amazing?"

Jungkook walked to the living room with a small plate of japchae. He fed her mouthful of it, anticipating the approval from his wife. And as soon as he saw the pleasant smile and two thumbs up from Eunha his face immediately lit up.

"Isn't that us?" He chuckled as he walked toward the kitchen again to finish his cooking.

"Yeah. But, how do you know? I mean we human doesn't have that ability. What if we made mistake? Like that's what happened when people got divorce, right?"

Jungkook stopped stirring his boiling stew for a moment as he heard the question.

"I guess?" He said with a shrug and continue his focus on it.

"No no... I mean just imagined. What if you married someone that is suppose to be others' partner? Isn't that tremendous? Just to think about it?"

Jungkook turned off the stove and carefully put the kimchi jiggae pot on the dining table. He look up towards his wife and with a warm smile he spoke,

"The way you love waking up to the smell of my bland jiggae on every weekend and how I always long your embrace whenever I am away from you, isn't that just mean we are destined from each other already?"

***

"You're spacing out again."

Eunha said as she chewed her food slowly. Jungkook snapped from his thought and blink repeatedly realising the stare from his wife.

"You seem like you loss appetite lately. Is everything fine?" He tried to diverse her attention.

"Hmm I guess. See... you're trying to change the topic again."
"Huh? Err... no. I'm not." He shifted his gaze away to his bowl
as he felt the tense of her stare.

"Tell me then. What's in your mind."
"Oh. Hmmm... it's just... how's the food? Is it to your liking?"
"Yeah. It's good." She answered, short. With that, Jungkook knows he is going to mess up again if he is not going to fix the depressed atmosphere. Thus, he forced a smile as he stared at his uninterested wife.

"You know... I'm not a good cook before." He said as he pointed to the dishes with his eyes.

"You always ridiculed me and I'll cook every weekend just to improve my cooking." He widen his smile more as Eunha's eyes on him.

"I was reminiscing it."

She was startled for a second as she saw the honesty that shine in his eyes again. A deep sited unfamiliar warm feeling was overflowing inside her and she grinned. But as soon as she realised how blur Jungkook face at the moment, she burst into laughter.

"Why are you laughing? Is it actually bad?"
"No, it's superb! Extra delicious! Very appetising!"
"Okay okay. Stop exaggerating."
"I'm not!" She teasingly making an annoying face towards him in which causing him to chuckle.

"You must've miss the old Eunha right?" She said as she put all the dirty dishes into the sink.

"Isn't she you?" He replied casually as he helped clear the table.