8. Birthday

Jungkook fasten his walks, rushing as he saw the text.

"Can you please come to Umji's house, Jungkook? Namjoon oppa was nowhere to be seen and Umji was laying at the floor when I came in!" Eunha's text raised a concerned in him.

He immediately rush through the door as he found it was unlock.

"Happy birthday!" They all scream in unison as they appear from the kitchen.

Jungkook widened his eyes as he saw they laugh frantically at him. The worst of them was of course Taehyung who keep clapping like a seal as he saw Jungkook's dumbfounded face. He rolled his eyes and smirk towards his friends. He then look at Eunha who widely smile at him and mouthed 'Sorry.'

"Gosh. Thank you, guys. But you could've plan it better, right?"
"Asking Eunha to help us is the best decision of all. Otherwise, you won't fall for our trick anymore Kook-ah." Hoseok grins.
"What's up with lying about Umji faints though? I was so worried and furious, I don't even know how many time I cursed at you inside my head, Namjoon hyung." He said half joking. They all laugh as Namjoon point to himself and said

"So I got all the blame, huh?" He sighs.
"Well, to be truth I wasn't lying at all." Eunha said.
"It was by chance though. Eunha came in when we happened to wait for you." Sowon said, sweetly smiling. Eunha sheepishly smiling as she said sorry once again.

"I didn't know that they were going to celebrate your birthday and that was just part of the trick for you." She said enthusiastically. They all laugh as they saw her effort to explain herself.

"It's okay unnie. Oppa understands well. Right, oppa?" Umji smiles as Jungkook nod.
"You should be proud that it's because of you that their plan work. I usually won't fall for anything they had for me." He smiles warmly. And with the warm smiles, Eunha's inside felt warm as well.

"Enough with the chit chat guys. Let's dig in this cake!" Jin said in excitement.

***

Each of them take their share of the cake and when Eunha saw Jungkook still didn't have one, she cut a big piece from it and gave it to him.

"You should eat up. This is your birthday party." She tries to start up a conversation. Jungkook just smirk as she put the slice in front of him.

"I'm not so fond of cakes. I usually won't eat sweet things except for donuts."
"He's kinda weird." Yoongi who was near, interrupted them.
"But, neither do I like sweet things so I guess we're on the same boat." Yoongi said while grinning wide. Eunha smiles joyfully as both of them giggles to each other.

"This is mine then." She said with a wider smile. She was ready to take a big bite when Jungkook ask,

"You love cakes Eunha?" Jungkook's question made her jump from her chair a bit. How could she's not when it was the very first time Jungkook had ever start up a conversation with her. Plus, he even called her name!

The piece of cake that on her fork fall onto her dress. She was lucky everyone was busy eating and talking, they did not realise the situation. Even Yoongi and Umji was having conversation together, thus only Jungkook who saw everything. He try to hold his laughter as he saw Eunha's nervous expression.

"Are you okay?" He whispered so that no one will turn their attention to the latter. He helps the girl to wipe off the mess on her dress.

"Thank god the icing colour is similar to the colour of your dress or else everyone will notice it." He saids still trying to hold his laughter. Eunha smacks herself inside of her head a few time before trying to curve a smile.