29. Bond

Jungkook bid his father goodbye as he sent him to the house.

"Have a safe drive." His father waved him back as the car rolled out from the place.

Slowly, the car moved along the street, throughout the nostalgic neighbourhood. He lowered down the window, breathing the fresh night air while reminiscing the area.

'We used to wait for the bus there.'

He then let out a chuckle as he remembered how Yerin and Taehyung always quarrelled, picking on each other every single morning to school.

As his eyes roamed, observing the place, he glanced on two suspicious figure in one of the dark alley. He stopped the car immediately, approaching them with a careful steps before he gasped in surprise as he recognised one of them.

'Eunha!' He widened his eyes and quickly dashed toward the helpless girl.

***

"He'll be fine soon. Please inform us or push this call button once he wakes up." Eunha nodded solemnly.

Her eyes were fixed on her motionless husband as the doctor and nurses left the room to give some privacy for both of them.

"Please, I beg you. Please wake up..." Tears streaming down her face as she tightly clamped Jungkook hands.

***

It was already quarter to ten in the morning when Jungkook winced as he slowly opened his eyes. A sudden pain shot through his stomach at the slight movement, jolting his sense to life. He grimaced as the pain subsided to a dull, throbbing sensation.

'Where am I?' He blinked, scanning the whole place. His vision was a bit blurry and he squinted harder to get the full view of the room. It then occurred to him. The chaotic and busy environment, unpleasant iodoform smell, and beeping sound of medical equipment most likely from a vital sign monitor in the surrounding convinced him that he is in a hospital, probably emergency department. His gaze then plastered on Eunha who was in a chair at the bedside, sleeping soundly with her hand clasping on his.

"Eunha?" He muttered, struggling to raise his body.

The sudden movement from Jungkook's hand then awoke her and she extended her hand, trying to stop him before he could sat himself up.

"No. You need to rest." She said in a demanding voice yet it sounded more like a plea to him.

His lips turned upward faintly as he positioned his body to the headboard. Eunha anxiously eyed him as he groaned slightly out of pain, hand on the injure side. She knew it must hurt him a lot for he would have not make any sound otherwise. He is not that whiny type to begin with.

She glanced at him, eyes tight and worried.

"You should rest to get better."
"I'm fine." He said with a reassuring smile.

"I've told you, I'll be fine, didn't I?" Eunha let out a sigh with his inappropriate witty remark.

"It's not funny." 
"I didn't intent to."
"Ha-ha." She sarcastically laughed, vexing a bit.

"You said it's not funny, why laugh?" He playfully teased her, consequently earning him a light punch in his arm.

"Awww." He cried out of pain.

"Oh gosh. I'm so sorry, where does it hurt? I'll go get the doctor." She spluttered, rushing outside before her husband grab her arm, ceasing her action.

"Chill, I'm totally fine. It hurts a bit, but I at least feel better in the inside."

The warmth in his smile soothed her in the inside and she carefully settled back into the chair, obeying him.