E: Homework and Planning

My teacher made me watch this video over Obama giving a medal of honor to Alonzo H Cushing. I guess I do need to know about these times in history but looking at Mr. President makes me think of the first year he was in office. He has seriously gotten older. You see see the stress. I applaud the man for that. 

I remember when I was younger I said that I wanted to run for office. What a dream. I'm glad I didn't think twice about that. I moved onto wanting to be a firefighter and then a musician and now I'm doing fine arts of many. Hopefully I can do programming. We'll get to see. 

When I think of the Civil War I wonder which side I would have been on. How would I have been there? As the person I am currently I wouldn't have all those years ago. I don't remember seeing asians in the story of civil war. 1861-1865. 

http://teachingresources.atlas.illinois.edu/chinese_exp/introduction04.html

Chinese immigrants as early as 1838 (before the war) 

Most showed in the 1850 (now we're heating up even more) 

There are no filipinos at this point. They're still under Spanish rule. It isn't clear to me when they are not under spanish rule. I'm seeing that there was 333 years and then I see 400 but I heard from my family that was 500 but it could have been emotionally effects so I don't know exactly. I'll have to find every book I can about the philippines and try to clear some of this up. I'd go over there but obviously I'm not in any condition to right now. 

So the only asians at this point were Chinese helping with railroads. As most cultures have it Americans don't look at the Chinese as the red carpet kind of people. At this time though Aficans were viewed the same way. Anyone who wasn't a white male was not superior. Women didn't get their rights until late even. 

America is so young but if I can figure it out then I can connect other historical pieces together. This is all I'm going to right for now. I have a filipino book in my truck I need to take it out and read it so I can take notes over it. And, I need to go find what I can at a thrift shop. Not all of them understand what the value of some of those books are. 

Next writing projects: 

  Writing Countered Reputations the final draft

  Human (the next series after this) 

  Try to write more about history because... I feel like that's what I should be doing and writing poems too but more about history and what brought us to this point since I don't have much to say about trans and asexuals and ect. I don't want to offend anyone but I certainly don't want to write about something I don't understand entirely especially when it all seems like a floating idea of a mess.