Reason Five

July 27, 2014

Think positively through negative times

Today could have been one of your worst days. However, yesterday ended at two in the morning and today started at seven. Those eyes you looked into last night? They don't judge you. They accept you for who you are. And the best part? That. Will. NEVER. Change. Friendship is beautiful isn't it?

Tell me, what all happened today. BUT. You have to tell me something positive that encountered that.

"The dog got out and I ran after him without my shoes because it was faster. I burned my feet from running after him. Then, I got stickers after I caught up and brought him home."

How did the other dog react? How did you feel about finally getting home?

"I got home. My feet were hurting, black on the bottom. I set him down and the other dog attacked him with joy because she didn't know if she'd see him again. She growled at him and hit him with her snout but licked him afterwards. He sat, doing nothing because he knew he was in trouble."

But. You got home didn't you? You managed to get a hold of him? And showed him that you care, as well as the family.

"I never thought that puppies could have anxiety but dang."

All that matters now is that he knows that you care and you blocked off the hole he made. They didn't make a mess. Right?

"Yea. Well, I woke up at seven and I let Matrina go home to sleep a bit more. Then, I let the dogs in and I cuddle up with the guy dog because I knew he felt anxious the whole time Matrina was over. She doesn't like dogs so I locked them out for that time."

Which is why he tried to run off. Although, was it worth your time last night? What else did you do last night?

"It was worth it. I watched Cry Baby with Matrina (which was. Um. Weird until the end. I wanted to rewatch it and actually pay attention the second time. All I knew was it was a musical and in the old times. So I lost interest. But every now and then I'd pay attention and it was alright."

Farther back. You'll watch the movie again some time. Tell me what happened before that.

"I went to sing with a few friends. Talked about business and sang one song and ate before I went to go hang out with Matrina."

Alright. Fast forward. Tell me about after that.

"I cuddled with the dog and fell asleep. I woke up an hour late for work. Turns out my phone was dead. And I couldn't find my truck keys."

And how did you make up for it?

"I used my brother's truck and I used facebook to notify my sister."

Your location at the moment?

"I'm at work. But. On the way over here, my family tends to suck their tanks dry and I feel paranoid when I do that because if I'm not the one who first initiated it then I don't know how many miles have been used especially on a truck that I don't know the type of fuel on or the mileage for that matter."

As for your help?

"The guy at the gas station was awesome. He helped me by letting me use the phone and checking over the GMC handbook with me. I couldn't find whether it was a diesel or not. I looked for any signs but it said nothing."

Then what happened?

"I called my dad. He told me about the type of gas. I trusted his judgment. I used my card. Turns out I hate sixteen bucks in there. When I could have bought my cards yesterday from Friday Night Magic."

Friday Night Magic? Isn't that a tournament? How'd that go?

"They're nice people! Roleplayers and gamers alike. I wouldn't go to some of their extremes but I had the free win for the second round, I lost in my third and fourth round but it was fun regardless. There's this kid there who is amazingly good but I don't care about the wins and losses. When I baught the deck and used it against him, I was able to defend myself for three turns and I managed to put down two lands."

Meaning you lasted... Something like that... Or another, right?

"Yea! I stopped one of his creatures by making his creature into a blue frog. It didn't do much but it took my damage down by one point and that helped. Then, after that I returned his most effective card to his hand twice. He cast it in the next turn but I threw it back and then he got frustrated enough that he attacked me with all force (which was like three cards) but yea."

At least the kid knows what he's doing but the point was-

"I had fun. I don't care about my win to lose ratio there. I know they're better than me. But. Why should I be with people who I win against constantly? How is that fun? One of the guys gave me a dragon. I love dragons. Although, they're not my kind of cast."

See? You learned something. You had fun. And it's only about to be two in the afternoon. You're at work. Sure, your feet hurt because they're burned but at least you don't have to stand all day. You used someone else's truck to get to work, you were given advice, it wasn't the wrong advice. And here you are, how easy is it now for you to write one thousand words?

"Not very. I'm surprised. I mean, sometimes it's difficult but without watching the number change I can easily write a thousand and five hundred words."

Now, your book that you were supposed to finish? You wrote for eight days? And you got to ten thousand. You may be forty thousand words behind but you know you can write a novel in a month tops. So, go for it. You still have five days left.

It'll show you that there is hope. There's always an equal and opposite reaction. Don't forget that.