Reason One

These are written to myself

July 7, 2014

You've accomplished so much. Why quit now?

Tell me that 'you can't' to my face. Tell me that it's not worth it. You feel that way don't you? Well. Don't. You have blogs of writing, fans on each online website you participate in. Why quit now? To put your skills on a scale ask someone to write twenty five thousand words in five days.

Don't quit. The ache is there. I understand. I am you. But there's nothing more than a push from yourself to get you back on your feet. You've lost friends because they couldn't handle how depressed you could be. Look at yourself now.

Who knows if Sky will ever be your friend again? At least now that you can live on without her. And if she ever needs you, just as Luke when he needs you, she'll come. Think about the people you've inspired! Your accomplishment of making top ten percent and not knowing until the morning of graduation.

People have told you congratulations so why give up now? See. There's not reason to. But. In case you falter from that path of positivism, I'm here. Those tears on your cheek? Wipe them away. They're not there because 'you're not a man'. They're there because you're human.

Don't worry. I hate being human too. But we can't change that. What we can change is the times when you feel like you need to end it, you don't. And. Of course. You haven't. Because you're writing this right now. But. On the days you don't want to go on. Leave it to me. Your writing self.

People think you're selfish. You're not. You go out of your way to help anyone. Why? Because eventually you do want someone to help you. BUT you never do it solely for that. Never give into those painful aches that infect your heart and arms when it reminds you of what you've done.

You've done so much. Good and bad. So don't live up to those lies that you hear in your head. You're amazing and have so much to forward to. But right now I want you to look at what you have done.

Think about one of the many writers you look up to. G.K.Chesterton (Gilbert Keith Chesterton. He wrote eighty books, seven hundred poems, two hundred short stories four thousand essays, and 'several' plays. We'll go with seven because in math terms several means seven. So you see, compare yourself to this guy who lived to be sixty two.

On average, because you'll count these eventually, in first series of poetry books you have seventy five poems per book. That's two hundred and twenty five poems in that series on average. You also have a poetry book that has two hundred poems and you're working on the second one. Meaning, you have four hundred and twenty five poems. But wait (remember those commercials) there's more!

You have two poetry books that consist of twenty five poems. Pushing up your four hundred twenty five to a four hundred and seventy five. Now let's go by averages. Say that you're next series, the Evolution series has seventy five poems per book which isn't true because you didn't write as many entries so in all reality this series has more poems but that means you can add another two hundred and twenty five poems to your four hundred and seventy five. And as good as a math wiz as you are that means you've hit seven hundred. And guess what? G.K.Chesterston wrote seven hundred poems in sixty two years. You? You've done it in three. So don't throw yourself away thinking that you can't because. Even if you stopped. You already did.

I know you're not interested in writing essays. Hell. If you ever manage to cross out this sentence to laugh at yourself in the future but as of right now? G.K.Chesterton is someone you want to surpass. And believe me. You'll write enough to do it. It's only a matter of time.

You want to write two hundred short stories? As much as you hate endings this is going to be a challenge but you can do it. I know you can. Because you've already written a few. According to a website that a friend told you about, two thousand words is a short story. You were making it a big deal to write everything in the one thousands. Put two of these chapters together and bam. There's your short story. So go for it. Write your two hundred short stories.

However. I do want you to remember this. Money means nothing. You need enough to get by but to shower yourself in it. The moment you sell yourself to money is the moment you will not accomplish any of these goals you set for yourself. So. Let's make a deal. You don't gawk over having a ton of money and for the money portions that come with writing and you'll be able to reach your writing goals in no time at all. Because time doesn't matter. You've been writing since you were twelve.

But really. You've had this online account for three years next month and you've written seven hundred poems since? Give yourself a break. You can accomplish so much. You'll be a great idol some day. And you know what's going to be even better? The fact that you'll have an autobiography.

That eight hundred pages journal that you so desperately wanted to read from Theodore Roosevelt? You've already surpassed that. And yes. It's okay if a kid reads your autobiography in print and fakes his history assignment. Because you did the same thing. And you still passed.

But even if you haven't written eight books yet. Look at your history on here. You already have twenty three. Even though you need to go through and delete some that are sitting there and taking up space you're already building up on your fraction. Eight books isn't going to be difficult. Not at the rate that your heading.

People look up to you. You're making a statement. Never give into the thoughts. Because they're mere bumps in the road. Here's my first one thousand words of advice to you.

Never give up.