Chapter 35

"If you two lovers are done would you do the honors of joining us." The sudden voice made us startle and turn towards a smirking Selena.

"I guess they are still not done yet. We should probably leave them alone. Right?" Ryan came beside her, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

"That's sad then because they will have continue it later. Cause I will have drag them along as I am hungry. And I am not willing to spend my table with least favorite people of my life. I need Alex along." Sel said. Me and Daniel looked at each other and smile. You could see from his face that the same thing was running through our minds. Play along.

Smirking at each other we start pretending. I lift my finger and trailed it starting from his forehead to his lips and whispered huskily.

"Till later Dan." I could visibly see the effect I had on him. And I am sure so could the people watching. Daniel's eyes had visibly darkened.

He took my finger that laid on lips and bit it gentle, then left a hot kiss on it. I shudder at the feeling of need. And I could see he liked my reaction.

"Till later Al." He whispered back. This act brought us two opposite reactions from two opposite kind of people who were enjoying the show.

"Gross." Cringed Selena, feigning a shudder, though I could see the smile she was trying to hide.

"Hot." Gapped Ryan. Looking at us with mixed expression that could be awe, wonder and delight.

"Get a room you hormone raging apes but after we are done with lunch. Please. I will die of starvation otherwise." Selena said. And just then my stomach reciprocated the call with a loud grumbling of its own. We all burst in fits of laughter.

"Lunch it is." I said smiling.

----------------

We all were seated on the long dining table at the dining area. It had surprised me that Daniel chose to seat next to me when there was a chair vacant next to Angel. Dave sat right opposite to me, glancing between me and Daniel. Ryan had occupied the chair on my left since Daniel was already sitting on my right. Ma sat on left to the first head of the table where Uncle J had placed himself. And opposite to him sat dad on the second head chair. Sel having no place left had to take the seat that was vacant between Angel and Dave.

When the food was ready to serve Maria along with two other new faces helped her serve us food. I looked at them curiously.

"They have been hired to help Maria. I wouldn't like it if she would be tried due to excessive working. I am mean the number of people residing in my house are increasing day by day." Said Daniel quietly to me. 

"Let's hope we don't hear the cries of new members any time soon." Ryan sings lowly making me flush at the thing he was hinting. Daniel looked at me with a smirk. Oh Lord just take me away from here. It's kind of getting overwhelming right now because this is not the side of Daniel that I see on regular basis. I mean we fight, we argue and all that, so this kind of feels weird. And the good kind.

"What are you thinking about?" Asked Daniel.

"Huh?" Wow what an answer smartass.

"You are frowning and nibbling your bottom lip, and staring off to space. You generally do that when you are deep in thought."

"I thought many people do that."

"They might but I notice only you." He gave me a loop sided grin making me smile. Damn this soft side of him is giving me jitters.

"You guys are making me cringe. Please do the honors of going back to your normal self where you are always ready to murder each other." Ryan said from my other side. Still staring into Daniel's eyes without disturbing our 'staring into each others soul' contest I replied.

"Not today bro."

"Why?"

"Because I am in mood of something else." I say huskily.

"What the.." Ignoring Ryan we again got involved with ourself. Well aware of the fact that there are other pairs of eyes that are curiously glacing at us in a sublime manner. Especially two of them.

"You were thinking about how weird it is right. Or perhaps how overwhelming. " Daniel said calmly.

"How did you know?" I couldn't hide the shocked expression on my face.

"Cause I was thinking the same."

"Huh?"

"I mean I was used to you being a queen bee who always buzzes around my ear to make me want to strangle you."

"Excuse me."

"Excused you are." He shrugged. He freaking shrugged.

"Did you just shrug at the comment you passed."

"Yup because it's true." He shrugged again. Now we had Everyone's attention.

"You just had to ruin it didn't you."

"I was just stating the fact."

"Right listening to truth from you is like trusting Herodotus."

"Where does Herodotus come from?" Ryan asked quizzically.

"He was known as the father of lies. But I am not him."

"You are a grizzly bear that lies after eating all honey."

"I am certainly not a grisly bear and I am a 100 per cent sure I did not eat any kind of honey of yours." Hearing his this remark I flushed. As he bent close to me and whispered so that only we could hear.

"Not that I won't like to. In fact I would love too." Saying that he licks his bottom lip and moves behind. I am sure I resemble everything that's red. Damn, why is he so undeniably attractive? If he wouldn't be, it would be easy to smack him on the face and disorient his facial features. As if having a gorgeous face ever stopped you. No, it didn't. But he is certainly different because he is my gorgeous face. And the fact that our enemies are sitting right here so I ain't giving them the satisfaction of such a play. You got a point there honey. 

"Shut up you olaf." I revert back.

"I just wonder from where you get such vocabulary."

"From a place that doesn't concern you." And we are back to glaring. Oh this is something that we are really used to.