Chapter 18

Daniel's POV

"What should we do now? " I ask rubbing the backside of my neck. I never thought I did be so nervous in front of my best bud. But actually I should be because I know I pissed him off bad. Bad enough for him to not contact me for four days, not wanting to talk to me.

He just shrugged and laid down on his couch going back to watching TV. Dammit.  I don't feel good. These four days made me restless. Four days of not hearing his voice. Not having his presence. Not having someone to goof around with can be really exhausting. So I am done waiting for him to come around. Cause I have been living absolute hell.

So I marched towards him and tried to left him up.

"Hey! What the heck!" He called out annoyed.

"You have gotten fatter! Dammit!"

"No. I have not. You have gotten weaker." He said offended. Well he offended me now.

"No I have not. You got fatter asshole."

"I am hot so I expand. And that doesn't mean I am fat you jerk!"

"Still delusional I see." I say and snicker.

"What did you say?!"

"That you are turning fat!" Ok that was supposed to be a rhetorical question. That's all it took to get him out of the couch and strangle me. We rolled on the floor punching each other. Fighting. Taking out all our frustration. At the end we got exhausted and laid next to each other staring at the ceiling. Huffing, trying to catch our breathes. Our clothes all disoriented.

"No...but seriously you look weak." Ryan said looking at me.

"That's what happens when your best friend is pissed at you." I said smiling at him slightly.

"Are sure it's not something else. Something except me that had you worried." Only he can know me up to this extent.

"There is." I said getting up.

"And what will that be. Oh wait I have guessed it and I am sure it is it." He said lifting himself up and then giving me his hand. He helps me stand up and we stand there quite for a while. A comfortable silence present between us.

"When are they all coming?" He asked with a strained voice.

"Tomorrow, by noon. " I replied. But the reaction I got from him was totally the opposite of what I had expected.

"So tomorrow noon is when the fun begins." He said laughing. Oh well I don't like the reason behind his laughter but hearing his laughter again is refreshing. My best bud is back. And that's all I want. It was enough to bring me out of my sulking.

"Don't you dare tamper with my plans." He said pointing at me.

"I shall dare not." Not that I knew them anyways. Laughing he hugged me tight and that made my eyes go watery.

"My darling I missed thee." He said patting my back.

"Me too."

"Nah. I believe you enjoyed someone's company more these days." He said releasing me from the hug and smirking at me.

"Whose?" I asked dumbly. To which he rolled his eyes.

"Alex. Duh!"

"Oh her. She gives me looks as if she has seen a ghost or something. " I said offended. I mean I don't look that bad now do I?

"Still not over her embrassment." He said chuckling.

"Embrassed about what?" I am turning clueless.

"Oh about what she did with you. Shit I shouldn't have said it." He had a horrified express on on his face. But now it was my time to smirk. That day was to exciting to control but sanity clinged on to me so nothing much happened. But if the situation was different I probably couldn't promise anything.

"I am going to get my ass kicked. And badly that too."

"You sure are." I said grinning.

"Daniel my love. Please don't do anything. Please I beg you."

"No I shall not." Listen to you. Half in my mind. I said laughing out loud.

"Great now I am dead. I won't be surprised if she would be guarding the door right now." Ryan said huffing.

"I am hungry. Let's get out and have something. Seems like Maria forgot about my snacks." Ryan muttered.

"Seems impossible. She doesn't want to threaten her kitchen you see."

"You got a point. Let's go and check." We both moved out the door slowly checking any threat from the beast that was supposed to be standing in front of our door.

"She is not here." Came Ryan's voice from behind me. Then we heard the TV. We slowly approached it only to see her sleeping peacefully. She looks so angelic while asleep.

"My food!" Ryan sreeched. To which she stirred a bit.

"Shhh...Do You have a wish to die?" He slowly nodded in denial.

"We have to transport her to her room." Ryan said seriously eyeing, his food. I laughed at his selection of words and his underlying motives.

"I shall do that for you." I said to him.

"Yes.... yes. Please hurry and get out. I mean take her to her room." I laughed at him again before taking Alex towards her room. Wasn't one leprechaun enough that now I have to feed two. But my life won't be interesting without these two around.

Thinking about that I smiled at this sleeping one who looked so angelic and so innocent that one would never think of the mischieves she could do to get things her way.

Now I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Especially when mom finds out a girl living in my house. And more than anything. What will happen when Alex meets Angel. Damn I am getting goosebumps even thinking about it.

Tomorrow sure is going to be adventurous.