Chapter 20

Daniel's POV

"What the hell took you so long?!" Was the first thing that came out of her mouth.

"Uhh....Hello Ma!"

"What made you make me stand outside the door for so long. You even changed your passcode. What the hell are you trying to hide from me?" She asked completely suspicious.

"Nothing." I said a bit to quickly to which she pushed me aside and walked past me. Nooo..no.. She can't know, otherwise I am really dead. I can't even believe the speed at which my heart is racing right now.

"You look like you are hiding a girl." said Selena. Great she just had to add fuel to the fire. I glared at her to which she just smirk. I could hear dad snicker. Mother rushed to enter the living room. But entering there not only her but also me were surprised.

"Hi Ma." Ryan said lifting himself up from the sofa and approaching towards mother, embracing her in a hug. I was used to him calling her that but what surprised me was that there was no traces of her. Like she was never sitting there on the sofa and chilling.

"Hi Sweetheart. It's been so long. Why don't you come to visit me anymore. I am upset." she said hugging him back. Oh he definately is my mother's favourite.

"Blame it on him." he said pointing at me.

"He makes me work like a donkey."

"Well that's the job of a donkey." I replied, to which Ma glared at me.

"And here I thought you are hiding a woman. you were just keeping this old hag here." snickered Selena.

"Hey!" He said offended. And just as I was about to breathe in relief the she devil stood stunningly on top of the stairs. I would have admired the view if there weren't other sets of eyes looking at her elegant strands. One pair of eyes filled with humour while others filled with curiosity that I had no answers to.

"Who are you?" My mother asked her with a polite smile. But you couldn't miss the guard she was putting up just in case she has to kick the person in front of her out of this house.

"I am Alexandra." She said smiling politely. It is strange that even after living with her for so long I had never seen her smile sincerely and innocently. I couldn't believe that this devious creature had it in her.  Looking at her smile automatically three people started smiling. Luckily one of them was mom.

"Hi Alexa. Would you mind me calling you that?" She asked her with hope. It was the first time I had seen my mother being so comfortable with someone so fast and hopeful about them feeling the same.

"Ma we all call her Alex." I tried to tell her so that she doesn't go on exploring different names.

"You may ma'am." Alex said smiling at her. She seemed really happy for some reason.

"Oh don't call me ma'am. You can call me Mom if you feel like or Ma. Whatever you are comfortable with."

"What?!" Four young voice reverberated across the room. My dad was just smiling looking at both Mom and Alex. I guess probably Ryan had it tough because it took mom long to come around him and allow him to call her that.

"Uh...You can call me Aunt if you want." My mom looked a bit embrassed while saying so. I had never seen my mother so emotional in front of someone. And I don't even know why.

"Ma. That is what you will be to me if you don't mind it." Alex said smiling from ear to ear. Pushing a strand of hair behind.

"Oh my god. I will be happy to be that." She said hugging her.  To which at first Alex was shocked but then relaxed. This interaction was blowing my mind. Ours in general. This women who stood in front of me looked so vulnerable  that it was shocking. She didn't look like ferocious tigress that everyone was scared of. Maybe due to more of curiosity regarding the situation Selena asked the next question.

"Why exactly are you here?" That brought the attention of Alex towards her. But mom kept her eyes fixed on Alex, fascinated.

"It's a long story and I know you all have got time but before that I did like to know each one of you. Though I am guessing you are Selena." Said Alex.

"Oh where are my manners! Right I got to introduce you to all these fellas." Fellas seriously mom? Mom said as she turned towards the crowd. Selena smirked looking at Alex while mom wasn't looking  to which Alex replied with one of her infamous one and a wink. I will never understand girls it seems.

"This is James, Daniel's father. " she said looking at dad.

"Hello Alex. You can call me whatever you feel like." He said smiling with his hands in his pocket as usual with a composed stance.

"Sir." Alex said.

"That's a bit too formal but ok." He said shurging.

"How about Uncle J? If you don't mind me calling that." She asked with puppy eyes that generally people can't say no to.

"It's definately her." My mother's whisper brought my attention to her. She said in barely audible tone of I wouldn't be standing there then I wouldn't have heard. The tears were glistening her eyes. What was she talking about. Who is Alex? Who is she that holds such effect on both of my parents. I think looking at Alex.

"Sure! That would be my pleasure. " Dad said suddenly bringing me out of the trance. It seemed like he was trying to contain his excitement. Weird I had never seen him trying to control his composure. Seems like I am watching a new side of them.

"This is as you guessed Selena."

"Ello Sista. I feel like we are gonna have loads of fun." Selena said smirking again. A darker one this time.

"Sure. I have been waiting for it." Alex said with the same expression. Damn the looks that are giving each other is like their messed up minds are creating disasters. And that's giving me chills. And not the good ones.

"And this is....."

Great I had kind of forgotten about her existence in this room.