Pain.

Gyemi could only watch from afar at the woman who kneeling on the ground, mourning over her husband. Her head was hanging down and she stayed that way even after the sky stop pouring rains. He did not want to disturb the woman, but the sky did not allow her to stay for any longer. His gaze went back on her with a worried glance.

Aranea lowered her head, her face was all puffy after the cries. A few fresh tears would find their way onto her cheeks again but she let them be.

She did not dare to touch her husband, afraid he would hurt if she did so.

Her hands clenched, remembering how Gyemi told her that all of these were Muzan's doing. She wanted to get angry and find Muzan at once, but she was tired from all the crying. She wished what she was seeing was only a dream. She wanted it to be some sort of illusion, or a dream. She looked up to Toyoru, and she fell into his empty eye. Her sob came into her throat again but she held it in.

Aranea was reluctant, but she went to grab Toyoru's hand, and the coldness made her heart beat cold. The hard pounds on her chest created tears in her eyes, not that she was not crying for the past two hours already.

She clenched his hand, and all promises came
into her mind.

She promised she will end what she started. She promised she will take care of the children, and she will take his place as the Pillar. She promised that he will finally find peace after everything he had to do only for her.

She held his shoulder, and her eyes painfully eyed the blade that went through his heart. Her hand was shaking, but she muster all her strength to just hold the handler.

"I'm sorry, Toyoru. I'm so sorry."

With that, she pulled the blade out of him in an instant, as if she wanted the pain to be only a shot eventhough he would never feel any pain anymore. As she take it all out, she punctured it to the ground and let his body limply fell onto her. She held him in her arms, ignoring all the bloods smudging her face, hands and kimono.

She cried again, now silently. She hoping again that all of these was only a dream. She never stop praying.

"Aranea, the sun is slowly showing." Gyemi did not have a heart to disturb, but the time has come for her to head back. His heart pained for her  seeing her so broken since hours ago.

A normal girl would beg for this to be untrue, crying and ask for help, but all he witnessed is a painful cry and none words being said for her to express how awful this world was. It was as if she accepted it, especially how strong she was to be able to pull the blade out of him by herself. One would be so hurt to do that, but not her. She was ready to accept all the pain by herself.

Aranea cleared her nostrils and pulled herself from Toyoru. She looked down, avoiding from seeing Toyoru again. If she look up and sees his face again, she will stay there for another hour.

"Gyemi, will you help me ?" She politely asked with her ragged voice, and he helped her without any say. He picked Toyoru up, and he himself felt how painful it was to do it. It was incredible for Toyoru's significant other to be able to endure such pain.

He carried Toyoru on his back, and watched as Aranea picked up Toyoru's blade and wiped the blood onto her kimono. She picked up the case that laying around nearby with a two red threads tied at the end of the case. She held his sword by the case in her hand and turned to look at Gyemi, her eyes were ice cold.