17

Sensei and Muichiro were only established their training session, but one night, the Swordmith village was infiltrated by demons. It was not any demon, but two upper moons that greater than the Upper Moon Six.

Everything went south, but none of the demon slayers choose to back down. Tanjirou and Nezuko had each other back fighting the Upper Moon Four, Hantengu with the aid of Genya and later came the Love Pillar.

Muichiro did not handle it well with the Upper Moon Fifth at first. His body was punctured with many huge needles with poison on it. Later, he was trapped into a sphere that made out of water. He was losing air, his throat was burning. So many things flashing before his eyes, including his uninvited memories, memories of the past.

Rage course through his veins. He was livid. He could only watch the upper moon almost kill a boy, and hurt the Swordmith that was forging a sword. He could only watch.

His heart pounds faster than in any battle. He clenched onto his sword, but he was stopped by the appearance of a familiar female from above, killing the demon rather easily. Her face was calm, nowhere any hint of struggle covered her look. She even left the demon stunned by his own sudden death.

While the demon slowly crumbling to ashes, Muichiro saw Sensei turning her head towards him, her eyes bearing the same empty eyes she usually had. Only when she stepped before him then he felt an excruciating pain throughout his body. Losing oxygen made all of his body went numb. The pain felt like needles prick through his fleshes, not that he wasn't originally.

"Calm down, Muichiro. You need to control your breath so the poison won't be actively working in your body. Until you receive help, control your breath." Sensei monotonously said before she turned around, holding the handler of her sword.

"And you ?" Muichiro asked.

"Tanjirou is in trouble." Sensei was about to take another step again until another question being asked.

"Why aren't you stick to him like you usually do ? Why did you helped me ?"

Sensei was out of words, she always did. She began to feel the need to tell to the children what had caused them to always be aware of the demons and what was actually coming to them. She did not want them to know until they able to see the 'see-through' world. That was one of the crucial material to have in order to face a demon like Muzan.

She ignored the boy and went to the Swordmith.

She slowly walked to the back of Haganezuka, stopped as soon as she reached behind him. She heard the clanking of sword meeting another metal, non-stopping, and she smelt the smell of blood coming from his way.

"That is a sword from hundred of years ago, wield by the first Breath User, am I correct ?" She questioned the swordsmith, but no answer received and the forge continues. It was what she expected. She was familiar with his traits, it runs in the family. She almost formed a smile.

"I'm taking the sword."

The sounds stopped.

"Once you finished it, give it to me." Sensei said.

"This is Tanjirou's sword. I won't give it to anyone other than him."

"His sword is with me. Continue do your job. I will come as soon as the sword finished." Sensei firmly said, acknowledging his loyalty on Tanjirou. Haganezuka did not dare to say anything. As he turned around, Sensei had already gone from behind him.

———

Tanjirou eyes screamed in urgency. He was almost out of options, except to help Nezuko covering herself from the burning sun, but she was far from his reach across the field. His sword was beyond helping. He prayed deep in his heart, someone would come to save him.

"I'm sorry for being late, Tanjirou." his head immediately raised to the very familiar voice, eyes were clogged with tears. He saw Sensei sprinting towards the demon with her hand on the sheath sword.

"I'm sorry for being late to answer all your questions." She continued, her mouth came out a familiar smoke for calling forth a breath.

"Breath of the Sun, First form:.."

Tanjirou almost forgetting everything that occurred as he witnessed her blades that burning red, and her cuts went straight to the demon's heart, to where he had seen the last demon resides.

The blade as if went through the demon without a cut, but only he knew the pain.

The most painful swings is one that went flawlessly, because the person's body had no time to go numb but to receive all the pain from the blade.

"Nezuko -!" He remembered Nezuko being exposed to the sun, and once he turned her way, he didn't believe his eyes.

"G-Good Morning." Nezuko said with a smile on her face. Tanjirou was really happy that her prayers heard.

From afar, Sensei witnessed Nezuko walking and smiling under the shining sun.

———

Please bear with me for this chapter. This is like the worst chapter I have written I am sorry. I just wanted to update cause I'vw been distracted for a few days. Hope you are okay with this.

Just wanted to say that I do write Uzui Fanfiction in my draft. What do you think of Uzui's fanfiction after finishing this story ? It is more angst than action tho.. What do you think ?