19

Fun fact about my story ; it was inspired by a song called Xanny by Billie Eilish. I was only imagining one part but I was able to create a story with it. Hope you enioy this chapter :D

p/s: This is first draft.

———

The Hashiras held a meeting after the occurence in Swordsmith Village. It was of course to commend the pillars that helped reduce the casualties, how they handle it without losing any other Demon Slayers.

But there was something else concerned.

"The markings appeared on you, Tokito-sama and Kanroji-sama. I would like to ask you how you get those marks." Asked Ubuyashiki Amane, the wife of Ubuyashiki Kagaya who came at his stead due to his health failing.

Everyone was shocked after hearing about it and how it did not reach to some of their ears. Kanroji tried to explain how she was feeling during the battle, but she was not far from
Tanjirou. However, before Muichiro can say anything, a female voice cut in.

"What Kanroji-san said is true." The female emerged from the shadow with her shoulder and chest exposed under her loose red kimono. The black sash was there around her waist to hold her kimono together from falling and a katana beneath it. Her long red hair was hung into a ponytail while her eyes were the same empty black eyes.

Everyone was used seeing her in that condition, but they never saw her with a sword on her. Seeing how she leasure her hand on the handler, it was as if she was used to have it around her waist, although they had never seen her with it since the first time until today.

Kanroji looked up to her in a sparkling eyes, thanking Sensei in her mind for understanding her.

"Before I tell you how, I want to tell you how the First Breath users achieved this condition." Sensei comfortable herself on the tatami mat like the others do, and nodded and Amane who replied back the same.

"The reason I'm telling you this so you won't be brooding on why you didn't have the markings." Sensei said and everyone answered with silent, and Sensei took it as a sign to continue.

"The First Breath user actually had the marking since birth. He was a talented boy, gifted at that. However, he believed that everyone can achieve the same condition if they undergo these symptoms."

"Your heart will accelerated into a beatings reaching 200bps, and you will feel your body so hot as if you have a fever, maybe around 39 degrees."

Everyone gasped at the revelation and looked at Muichiro for confirmation, which the boy nodded.

"That is true, and during that time, I was controlling my breath so the poison would not spread in my bloodstream. A boy was about to lose his life and my old memories came back, and I was enraged."

Mitsuri's eyes widened in realization as she put things and things together, fit to her condition back them when she was fighting one of the Kizuki.

"How did you know such information, Sensei ? Do you have them too ?" Obanai asked, and she flinched to his way, recognising his voice as the Snake Pillar.

Sensei did not say anything while everybody in the room anticipated it. Remembering how Tanjirou had his mark on his face, it was unlikely for Sensei to have them too.

Sensei grabbed her kimono and undressed herself, making all of them widened their eyes.

"S-Sensei-!" Giyuu exclaimed, while the others' face were bright red.

"One of my first teaching is to not waver with any unexpected occurence. Why did you guys waver ? Tough up !" Sensei's voice booming and all of them had their body straight and firm as they looked at her dangerous eyes. It amazes everyone how her empty eyes held a very intimidating gazes. Sanemi gulped, knowing what she capable of.

Slowly, marks appeared on her body and it covered around her chest and abdomen, some went poking around her neck and to her face.

"These are my markings. It was a hideous sight, I apologize." She quickly gathered her kimono back onto her shoulders and everyone was still taken aback.

"Wait.. why did you make them disappear ?" Shinobu asked.

Sensei frowned at the question, a memory she wanted to forget came into her mind. She averted her gaze elsewhere with a painful look, and Shinobu knew she should not ask any further.

"There is one last advice I have for you before I'm gone."

Everyone focused when she turned to look back at them, her face was firm like the first time she entered the room.

"If you ever fall, if you ever crush down to the ground, stand up again, because there's a person you have to protect." Her strong tone send shivers down her spine, and the female continues.

"We are all a family. It's only natural for us to protect the one we called family." Sensei said and stood from her sit, walking to the exit. While everyone watching her leaving, she stopped and turned to look at them over her shoulder.

"The final battle is coming for us. I want all of you bear that in mind, till death."

She smiled.

"I believe in you, my children."