Failure.

The night was eerily quiet for Yoriichi. Every of his other siblings chatting with each other and boosted their accomplishment in their swordmanship. The younger siblings noticed how their eldest brother was losing in his thought which they let him be.

Yoriichi kept staring towards the dark blue sky, watching how empty they were. It reminded him of his mother who he had last seen yesterday.  Aranea had sent him home and she looked so empty while doing so. There were no hugs or any goodbyes for him.

He was worried, greatly. He was left uneasy but his mother told him to never leave everyone alone. His mother ordered him to just stay home and protect his other younger siblings.

At the other side, there was Muzan, his heel was thumping anxiously to the ground with his hair in a mess. All day and night, he was thinking of Aranea. Ever since that night, he never stopped thinking about her. Especially when she already conquered the sun, he wanted her more than ever.

She was so stubborn to come back to him. He did not control all of her movements because he still loved her. He did not have a heart to constrict her completely under his hands. He only went to an extent of always knowing where her location was. Now that he had lost the power, he felt so frustrated.

"Aranea, don't make it hard for us." He clenched his teeth. If he was not a demon, a visible dark spot under her bags would be seen. He felt like killing everyone in this world so he could have her back.

While he was deep in his thoughts, flap of wings heard around him. His dangerous eyes instantly went to the annoying sound to see a crow flapping a few rounds before it gracefully landed near him.

"Kibutsuji Muzan. Lady Tsugikuni demand your presence at Kiriyu Lake immediately." Upon hearing that, his eyes widened.

After years of not seeing her after the last time, he was going to meet her again. He was ecstatic. Now that he killed the parasite off of their relationship, he felt like he could win her back. The kids can be considered. All he wanted was her alone.

He wore a proper attire to meet her. He was hoping it wont be what he thinks it would be. He only wanted her in his arms again. Why does he had to be a demon ?

That fucking ruined his life with Aranea.

He never thought being a demon would have the demerits, until he met her, he saw so many flaws on being a demon and he wished he was a human instead.

He walked through the forest, and for some reason, everything felt so fishy. The sky was too dark eventhough he had already used he same route over and over again. He felt cold, and he should not be this cautious being the originator of all berserk throughout Japan.

He was right. He sensed someone above him
and he instantly guarded himself with his arm when a blade coming his way, resulting for his forearm to be cut from his body. He eyed at the assaulter that came from above, bearing a long hair and fiery blade, eyes were covered with bandages.

Before he could think of anything, another blade came and he was forced to leap backwards to dodge the attacks. Every swings being given he barely dodges, resulting for him to lose some part of his hair that was floating in the air.

This place was too dark and the assaulter took an opportunity from it. He needed to bring them back to where there was light. The place where he and other demons resides as their place to gather.

Therefore, he kept luring them since the place mentioned was not far from where he currently was.

Once they out of the forest, the moonlight shone. He watched as the assaulter emerged from the dark, and reflects on the oh so familiar red haired female with a kimono that she usually wore for hunting the demons. Both of her hands occupied by the blades of hers and her husband's and finding their way towards him.