Under the moonlight, my shattering heart.

The moments of that night never fail to come into my head. His crystalized eyes were the only vivid thing I visually remembered. For once, he looked so fragile that would break with a blow of a wind. I never knew he could make that kind of face, ever. He either always put a seductive smile or his serious look that could kill. Seeing him so sullen and in tears ? It doesn't suit his characteristic at all.

But, after all, we are human.

I still could feel how desperate his hold was on me. His strong arms as if were still wrapping around me even after a week of not meeting him. I moved my fingers across my naked body, tracing the warmth he left on me.

If it wasn't for me, he would have hold onto me until today. If I hadn't convince him that I would never leave him, he would be by my side now to keep me close to his tail.

I slowly lowered my body into the cold water and let my whole body surrounded by the water. My hair were floating around me as I held my breath, and after long enough, I raised back into the air that instantly biting my body with their cold wind. My hair were sticking all over my body and the cold didn't bother me. I used to stay in the middle of a cold winter from sunrise to sunset.

I raised from the lake, pushing my hair to the back, only the moonlight witnessed my night. I picked up the kimono I laid on the huge boulder and wrapped it around my body. I used an unused chopstick to keep my wet hair still in bun. I grabbed my wooden pail that I wanted to use at first before getting the idea of just dumping myself into the lake.

Well, it has been so long living being cautious. Since there were, safe to say, no sight of demons around the area anymore, I wanted to reward myself with a satisfying shower.

I walked through the cold wind and dim night in the woods. As my mind was trailing back to you-know-who, my eyes landed on a figure that was in my way back to my home. He was shadowed in the darkness that I couldn't recognize who it was. Human ? Demon ? I needed to be cautious. My hand clenched onto the pail.

As I was taking a shower, it was natural for me to not bring the katana with me, thinking I'm safe enough to walk without it now. I cursed to myself.

"Oh look what we have here. Did I won a lottery ?"

I wasn't afraid of a demon, I never will after that night. However, the only way I can kill them is a slice to its neck with my specialized sword. The infamous sword I'm wielding is covered with a drop of sun, and no other weapon can kill the demon that could regenerate with a simple slice.

This would be the first time I met a demon that was able to talk. Most of them were drowning in their berserk mind, not knowing how to think like a normal human do. Remembering what I heard in town, this demon was turned straight from the Head of the Demon himself, offering his cursed of a blood to him to gain more power.

"Should I eat you, or should I 'eat' you ?" His lips went over his lips, leaving his glistening pair of lips in a lucious smile. I watched his movement intently, afraid if he entered a sudden approach that I couldn't react without any focus.

"Why do you need to do that ? Aren't you already stronger than any humans ?" I asked him, and I noticed his brows raised inwardly, as if acknowledging my knowledge of the demons and the reason behind their ability to talk cohesively. He chuckled darkly.

"If you don't know, some weak humans in created an organization where they hunt Demons and behead us, and they called themselves Demon Slayers. I wish to be stronger to kill them."