14

Sensei continued running through the dark forest without any care of the bruises all over her body due to the bushes cuts. There was nothing to worry as they heals back to normal after that. That what scares her.

Sensei gasped. She was losing her breather. All those years she lives knowing how to control her breath perfectly in any kind of condition was not working that morning. She was panting so awfully, her chest was constricted of air which made her scratch over the area due to the pain.

All of her past memories reopening once she awakened this part of her again. She had always hated this part of her.

Her head pounds all over her head, causing her to fall onto the ground at the immense pain that course through her body. Both of her physical and emotional pain overwhelming her. 

"You're staying here and that's that."

"I will come with you no matter what !"

"I will come back."

"No !!

Many different flashes of memories came in her mind. She started to curl on the dirty ground, her body was smudged with many dirts but that was not at all in her care.

"You'll always stuck with me. I will never let you go."

"I will behead you even if it takes forever."

"I love you, my love."

She clenched her head, her eyes widened in a state of shock with tears covered all over her face along with dirts that she fell onto. She was overwhelmed by every memories that came in her mind as if they were new.

"It so hurt, darling. Help me... please.." she weakly beg for help for someone she hold so dear in the past to hold her in a pair of warm arms that she remembers.

The dawn slowly climbing into view, coloring the pitch black sky with its warm light. She stayed curling on the ground as if it could shut her from all the nightmare she was facing in her life. She cried like a little kid that did not know where to go. She was indeed not know where she was heading to. She didn't have any direction. She was lost.

———

Tanjirou awoke from his slumber after almost a week time. He was in an awful state and he did not remember collapsing after winning over both of the Upper Moon Six.

He was treated even better after that, but his mind never stop thinking about Sensei. He still vividly remember her eyes that was so bright like they never was. They were exactly the same as Muzan, the originator.

Why didn't she tells him the truth ? Why does Sensei pretended to be human ? Why was she so kind to him ?

He remembered that time when Giyuu came to the Butterfly Estate to visit Sensei. He must have some kind of connection to the lady. He decided to visit Giyuu at his home.

They both sat across each other, face were all straight and Giyuu surprised seeing Tanjirou was that serious. He was not as cheerful as he usually does.

"Tomioka-san. You knew about Sensei being a demon ?" he asked, and now Giyuu realized why, and all the words of that evening with Sensei came into his head. Tanjirou watched as Giyuu subtly flinches and looked down in guilt, which he would actually smell it without looking at how regretful he became.

"She never told me, but I had a hunch she was. She was exactly the same as the last time I saw her as a kid. I did not want to acknowledge it, but now it comes to this.." he did not finish the sentence as he frowns, his hands both clenches in pain. Tanjirou could smell how his emotion was mixed. Tanjirou looked down with guilt.

"What is her motive of helping me when she is one of them ?" Tanjirou questioned himself, but Giyuu felt even angry hearing that.

"You dare questioning her motives ? She tried to help you from Muzan and you are doubting her company ?" Tanjirou eyes widened at the anger arose in Giyuu.

"I just- It just-"

"She had always been by your side, she is sacrificing her hiding just to protect you !" Giyuu frowned deeper, remembering how it was so hard to meet Sensei until she completely gone, leaving him alone.

"She could be disabling her demon side to hide her trace from Muzan. Just to protect all of you, she sacrificed herself just to help all of you."

"Tomioka-" Tanjirou was pushed to the floor with Giyuu choking him. Tanjirou used all the strength he could muster to loosen the clench Giyuu had on his neck.

"After years of waiting, all she did was leaving me a piece of paper one day saying to help you... and you still doubting her?!"

"I-I'm sorry Tomioka-san. Calm down !" he said in between his chokes and finally Giyuu let him go, his face was still flare with anger. He clenched his hands again, finally realized how he had gone too far, but he didn't spare any apologize as he was partly did the right thing.

"What is your relationship with Sensei ?" Tanjirou asked, rubbing the sore place around his neck where Giyuu choked him. Giyuu averted his eyes sideways.

"I'm her student. She had taught me everything to survive in this cruel world, and she knew his day would come." Tanjirou frowmed at the last sentence and watched as Giyuu turned to look at him.

"And she entrusted me to teach you all of them. Once you heals, I will begin the training and I will show no mercy." Giyuu narrowed his eyes at Tanjirou and the latter gulped down his saliva nervously.

———

Do you want me to write the training part too ?