Chapter 1

I love New York, Chase thought. Moving here from Atlanta I was already used to city life. Nothing compares to New York City though, the sights, the sounds, the whole atmosphere.

When I decided to pursue acting fulltime, I knew this was where I needed to be.

I do miss my family though, especially my twin brother Christopher. Growing up we did everything together, now I barely get to see him.

Of course, my father was not happy with my career choice. He wanted me to continue to work for him at Camden Industries. The corporate world was just not for me.

Everything was going great when I first moved here. My agent Liz kept me busy. I loved every minute of it. Until recently I had a great role in a play, but now the play is wrapping up. I haven't found another gig here yet, and I'm starting to get a little worried.

Liz did call today with the news that I got the role in a movie I had auditioned for. The only problem is that the movie is going to be filmed in Atlanta instead of New York.

A lot of movies and television shows are being filmed in the Atlanta area now. I had never given much thought to moving back there to work.

I guess going back home for a few months just to work wouldn't be so bad. I could do the movie, then get back to New York as soon as possible.

Of course, I will have to fit in a quick visit with the family while I'm there. Mom would never forgive me if I didn't come to see her while I was in town.

I have more than one reason to stay as far from Atlanta as possible.

What am I supposed to do about my apartment here, while I'm gone? Even though it's not much, I would hate to lose it.

Chase's cell phone rings. He looks at it to find it's Christopher calling. Chase answers saying "That twin telepathy must really work. I was just thinking about you and you called me. What's up, bro?"

"Hey man, I think I'm ready to take you up on that offer to move to New York with you," Christopher explains. Christopher is a model and has had some success in Atlanta. Now he's ready to move to New York to try to make it big.

He also went to work for their father as soon as he graduated from college, then left the company to pursue his own dreams just like Chase had.

Of course, their father was not happy when neither one of his sons wanted to take over the family business. This continues to be a source of tension with their father and one of the reasons Chase does not go home to Atlanta more often.

Christopher thinks if he moves to New York he will be able to find a lot more work. Chase had been trying to talk him into doing this for a long time. The last time they had talked about it was at their sister Christina's wedding.

At the time, he thought Christopher had found a reason to stay in Atlanta. Chase decided not to push him on the subject of Leigh right now, but he would make sure to ask him about her later. Instead, he explains to him that he is going to be coming home to shoot a movie.

They decide the best solution, for now, is to swap apartments. While Chase works on the movie in Atlanta, Christopher will go ahead and come to New York. His agent already has a few things lined up for him there. When Chase gets back they will have to get a bigger apartment.

Chase can't help but smile as he thinks, if I'm going to be in Atlanta staying at his place then I get to see Leigh again. This trip just got a whole lot more interesting.

Christopher breaks into Chase's thought by saying "Chase while you are here you need to leave Leigh alone. I know your reputation with the ladies. She and I have gotten close over the past few months. It will hurt her that I'm leaving, but she will understand I need to go for my career. Honestly, I really love spending time with Leigh, and I hate to leave her. She's the kind of girl that I could see myself settling down with one day. I just refuse to let dad say I told you so. I chose to leave the company to pursue this modeling thing. I have to come to New York to try to make a name for myself."

Chase says, "Alright I understand man. Can I at least have permission to talk to her in the hall if I see her?"

"Of course I expect you to keep an eye on her while you're there. Make sure she's safe, and she doesn't have some asshole coming by bothering her."

"So are you saying you don't want her to date anyone else even though you are leaving her?" Chase asks.

"Of course we will stay in touch. I guess we could try the long-distance thing, and see how it goes. I can't expect her to wait for me forever, but the thought of her being with someone else kills me too," Christopher replies.

"You're just going to have to talk to her and see what she wants to do. I will call you back with all of the details once I accept the offer from the movie studio. Then, we can make plans on how and when we will swap places."

Christopher says "Alright man I will wait to hear from you. It will give me time to break the news to Leigh that I am leaving. I will also have to tell her about the annoying new neighbor that is about to move in next door."

"Oh come on, she's going to love me," Chase says.

"Hold on there Romeo," Christopher says.

"Just kidding," Chase says, as he is hanging up on his brother and laughing.

Chase thinks back to when Christopher introduced Leigh to him at their sister's wedding six months ago. He was so drawn to her, that he had a hard time staying away from Leigh that weekend.

Can he keep the promise that he just made to his brother? Will he be able to resist Leigh seeing her every day while he's back at home?

Thanks so much for reading my book!
Please vote, and post comments to let me know what you think!
Please keep going to the next chapter!!