Chapter 7 Eighteen

Lucifer Pov: I felt her frustration and I hated how she stood up and left her dinner. I wanted to go and scold her for not eating but this would actually lead up to a typical husband and wife argument which I am not interested in. So I decided to leave her alone and go back to my room. 

I heard a ping on my cellphone and looked at it there was a message from Eric. 

 "I know where you are hiding Faith" 

I felt like telling him to fuck off but I ignored him too. I'll deal with everyone tomorrow I said to myself. I laid down on my bed and started remembering why everything started happening in the first place and slowly fell asleep. 

I woke up to the sound of beach waves. I walked out towards the balcony. It was a beautiful view yet I couldn't feel like enjoying it. It was a makeover day I said to myself. I got out of the room the breakfast was already ready on the table but Faith was out down. I asked Lucy where she was and she said " Sorry sir I haven't seen her yet maybe shes still sleeping" 

As per my observation, she wakes up way too early then the birds. I walked back up in towards her room many scenarios were playing in my head while walking towards her room what if she hanged herself, what if she has slit her wrist, what if she has run away. I reached her door and first knocked instead of just barging in. There was no response fine am breaking this door before pushing it I tried to turn the knob and the door opened smoothly. She hasn't locked herself.  I opened the door slowly and peeked inside. She was sleeping with her front side on the bed and one leg up and her hands spread out. Did I just hear her snoring? yes, she was. She was sleeping so peacefully it felt like she hasn't had a good sleep like this before. I didn't want to wake her up so I kept quietly staring at her. She made a sound like mourning which made me uncomfortable and she moved her head to the other side out of view which made me move to another side of the bed. She stretched her hands up and got up from bed without opening her eyes. She was still in sleep while sitting. She removed the blanket from her body she was in her hot shorts and just a tank top. And damn if I had forgotten to mention myself that she was indeed a beauty to have a war for. She opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was me. She eyebrow furrowed in confusion.  

" Breakfast is ready," I said to her to make it less awkward and moved out of the room. It was getting too hot the moment I came out. I sat down at the table and started having breakfast. 

After a few minutes, she came down and joined me. She was too hungry by the way she was eating every bit and devouring it. 

" Get ready we have to go somewhere," I said to her she didn't question me where and why and just stood up and went back up in her room. I took a shower after breakfast and got changed into one of my black formal shirt and grey pants. I got down from my room and saw her waiting for me. Her eyes were locked on me I wonder what she's thinking. 

We got out and I opened the door of the car for her. She again looked at me surprised what is her problem. I got to the driver's seat and started the car.  After thirty minutes of the silent drive, I dropped her off at a salon which was owned by Benin. She looked at me confused and I just replied to her with one word "disguise" which she understood quickly. I went out still then to attend another meeting. I had a meeting with Sir Murray Bosco the only lone mafia with not much interest and greed in this society and also the father of seventeen bastards. He was most respected by the Sicilians and the underground never greedy for any position and important member of the circle. 

His mansion was so big it could be easily announced as a city. The gates were not guarded at all and they were opened as soon as my car got near the gates. I entered inside I have to pass through the woods and then enter another gate which again had no security. The mansion was finally in the view the half of the mansion was on the hills and half down it was on the cliff and the backside of the mansion there was an ocean. It was breathtaking. I parked my car right in front of the door. A guy in vest came down and took the keys of my car to park it. I saw seven kids on my left playing. There was no one to even look after them. They shouldn't be this careless they should have at least some security for their kids. I walked inside and was greeted by a man who must be in his fifties he was all dressed up in the formal suite. He smiled and said, "You must be Mr. Valak right?" I nodded by shaking his hand.