Chapter 2 :- Fault

It was my fault,They always told me.
Worlds destroyed,And lives were taken,Still, everything went on unshook,Nothing left for me except for fears,Time had become nothing but lies.
Months had passed,Yet time was frozen.
For many people,All was calm,Unclouded thoughts filled their heads,Leaving me with destructive lies,That it was my fault.

By Shanon

Faith Pov:-

                       It was too cold I felt like I was stuck inside a blast freezer my legs were hurting but I didn't stop myself. I kept limping and moving forward.

There was a foul smell coming from every side and turns I kept taking. I was feeling loathing and disgusted. But I had left nothing inside me to throw up.

I kept my eyes closed and kept limping forward only opening my eyes while taking a turn. I suddenly tripped myself to something.

After a few seconds of panting, I finally decided to stand up. I stood up to see back what I tripped on to.

It was a half-rotten skeleton of a man. I recognized him by his clothes that this was a man. I flipped out getting scared of him. I tired of getting away from him. I started to scream and cry for help. But my wedding gown was caught up in his rib bones.

I kept crying and screaming for help suddenly I felt strong hands on my shoulder trying to shake me the voice said "wake up, wake up Faith"

His voice was soothing and comforting enough for me to trust him and take his help. I opened my eyes to see blue eyes looking back at me. There was a frown on his head. He looked concerned I pushed him hard from the top of me and got away from him. I looked around to see I was in a room it was decent enough there was a bed a side lamp, a dressing table with first aid box and three doors one must be closet, one bathroom and the last one to get out from here besides that the whole room was empty.

I noticed he was looking at me that I was looking everywhere except at him. It was too dark in the room to see him. He slowly moved closer to me. I moved back away from him. I finally see a tall and broad figure in the moonlight coming from the window.

"It's me, Lucifer," he said he was in a plain white T-shirt and track pants.

I know him I said to myself. I kept saying myself to calm down and not to go crazy and that I was fine and safe Faith. But still, there was chaos in my head. I couldn't stop myself or divert my mind from the dead bodies I've seen the last week.

"It's just a nightmare Faith, you're fine," he said in a slow voice.

"Nightmare?" I replied with all my anger, fear and attitude. From all my hatred and trust which he doesn't deserve.

"what I saw now has happened with me," I said.

"But you're out now you are free Faith, this won't happen again," he said.

"am I really Free Lucifer," I asked him.

He kept quiet and kept looking at me. I knew from that look that the answer was no. I started crying. He turned back and towards the dressing table, he opened a first aid box and was looking for something in it.

"It's all your fault," I said with all my guts.

His back was facing me. He was silent he's head was bent down. After a few seconds, he turned back and crossed his hands over his chest. He was in a serious mood. His jawline was tight enough as if he was pissed off and was angry with my comment. But I was right I said it again

"Its all your fault, I lost my family because of you my Friends and Max too"

Was it really his fault I questioned myself now. He started walking towards me slowly and I kept walking back until my back was touching the wall now. But he didn't stop. He was too close to me now. I could feel his breathing on my face. He smells like cigars.

"Maybe it's my fault that I should have killed you, then no one would have ever died, not your friend, not your mother, sister or my Max, maybe I should have killed the day you said yes to your love Adolfo," he said in a stern voice with enough anger and attitude.

"I am pretty sure this is my only fault," he said in greeting his teeth

He was too close to me for me to react or answer him back cause his presence was enough to make any person go speechless. My tears were still running from my eyes. With all my energy left I lifted my head up and saw straight in his eyes.

"Am so tired Lucifer" I cried.

"When I get tired Faith, I take a rest but I don't quiet" He replied in a soothing tone his time. his change was expression was making is hard to read him.

He raised his hands up to which I flipped again in scared and closed my eyes thinking he was going to hit me but instead he the wiped the tears off my face and said

"Go back to sleep Faith, and trust me you are safe now," he said placing his hand on my back he pulled me closer to him first and then started pushing me lightly towards the bed.

I sat down on the bed. There was one question I deadly wanted to ask him right now and I did

"Is it really my fault Lucifer?"

He kept looking at me and sat down on the wooden chair in front of my bed picking a glass half-filled with alcohol.

And I was sitting in front of him on the bed. I looked down after a few minutes and noticed I was only wearing a baggy t-shirt and nothing only underwear and nothing down. I was embarrassed now and ashamed. I looked up to see he was still looking at me and taking sips from his glass. Is he going to stay here all night staring at me sleeping was he doing this the whole night?

"It's just our fucked up destiny Faith we took the decisions which we felt right at that time and we didn't know the consequences nobody gave us a warning or a sign that we were doing right or wrong. Now go to sleep" he said and ordered

I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes listening to his order.

                   ******

Vote, Share and Comment on your favorite part

and Follow me insta its_shaili_kg

*******