Chapter 6:- Patience

Palm leaves stretchingout theirarmsto reach a sea-bluesky
I relate to reachingupand trying to get high
Head back likea swan orcrane,I'm done beingcomplacent
I am ready tobe bigger now
I'm running out ofpatience.

By Sahara Richards

 Faith Pov:-

After a fifteen minutes ride we entered inside a big gate it felt like we were crossing through woods there were trees on both the sides of the road I looked in front to see a two store old bungalow which looked haunted. He stopped in front of the door.

We got down I looked around and there was nothing but trees surrounding this bungalow. He walked in front of the door and pulled out the keys from his pocket. He unlocked the door and pushed it inside to open looking at him the door seemed to be very heavy.

I took mine and his bags out of the car and walked inside the bungalow. He walked in front of me I followed him carrying his and my bags. We got inside the hall room which was enough to make a five people bedroom. Every corner every furniture and every picture was covered in a white blanket.

He walked straight towards the windows and pulled the roll-up curtains up making me mesmerized by the view in front. We were on a cliff. He turned back and looked at me and said in shocked " Ohh am sorry" He picked up the bags from my hands. His hands touched mine sending a light current in my body. What was that? I said to myself.

"There are four rooms upstairs you can take anyone from the right," He said. I nodded in yes and he continued saying " There will come a maid here in half an hour so just tell her whatever you want to eat and also tomorrow morning be ready by eight I will give you a tour around the place you can go take a rest now"

I walked upstairs carrying my bag there were two rooms on the left I opened both the rooms one was small with a mini library and one big with a bar counter. Who needs a bar counter in their bedroom there were wine bottles and some prestige alcohol bottles lying around. I picked the small room and pulled the white blankets from the dressing table, cupboard, bookshelf, and bed. I dusted the bed and lay down looking up at the ceiling. I drift off to sleep due to jet lag.

I woke up and saw it was dark outside the window I checked the time it was nine pm. I remember sleeping in the horizontal position but I was now in a vertical position with a proper pillow under my head and blanket on me. I blushed thinking it must be lucifer. I got out of the bed and took a shower and came out wrapped in a towel.

I opened my bag there were some shorts and t-shirts. I pulled out one black t-shirt and shorts. I got dressed and walked down. The whole house was empty. I tried looking for the maid he mentioned and also for Lucifer downstairs. I walked into the kitchen it was big then for ten people to dine here. There was a marble counter in the middle. I saw the oven was on with something cooking inside my stomach growled at the thought of food.

I walked closer to the oven to see what was inside suddenly I felt someone placing their hand on my shoulder I screamed in shock and fear.

"Ohh am soo sorry Mrs. Vermont am Lucy the maid and cook" I was panting while still looking at her in confusion and I nodded yes in response. I heard footsteps coming from upstairs I saw lucifer enter inside the kitchen with a gun in his hand I was more scared now.

" What happened why did you scream? " He said

"No nothing sir It's my fault I scared Mrs. Vermont," Said Lucy Lucifer looked at me and I nodded again is yes and kept looking at lucy and then at me.

"Dinner is ready," Said Lucy to reduce the awkwardness.

"I'll be down in few Seconds," Said Lucifer and went back up again.

"Just call me Faith," I said to Lucy fr calling me Mrs. Vermont. She looked like she was in her Fifties

"Okay Mrs. Vermont I mean Faith," She said and smiled at me. 

After a few minutes Lucifer got down from his room and we starting having our dinner in silence. I could hear the beach waves sound and the clock ticking I wanted to scream in this silence but I just looked up him. He was busy with this cellphone while simultaneously eating with other hands.

I finally decided to break the silence " Am I going to stay here forever?" I asked him. I slowly looked up at me his facial expression showed how clueless he was or like he had no answers to this question. 

" If you like here then you can" he replied now that was a smart reply. My patience level was slowly breaking when is this guy finally going to tell me what is happening. Maybe I shouldn't even trust him I  said to myself. 

" Will you be with me here forever?" I asked him because over here I am Mrs. Vermont. 

"Do you want me to" He replied. Is he playing with me? I looked down giving him a clear disappointment face. 

" Adolfo is in search for the mob who ambushed in his wedding so you are underground, for now," he said

" For how long?" I asked him.

" I really can't say anything" He replied. 

" They will be searching over here too what if they find me here," I said

" Their secret members can find you here but they are not allowed in Italy, they are not allowed to do any business in Italy," He said  

" Why?" I asked 

" Too long story," He said and started eating his dinner. I felt like he didn't trust me to open up and tell me everything and I felt too awkward to say that you can trust me but still I dared to ask him. 

"When are you planning to tell me everything?" 

He looked at me like he was very impressed with my behavior and said

"I can kill you today then burn you and plant the remaining and still no one would care about you that's what your life has become still your taking risk of poking your nose don't you wanna live?" He replied with sarcasm he looked bored too I was having a doubt now is he the same guy I was talking on the phone last few months that was motivating and sweet to me.  

" No, I feel your wrong, I feel like there are people out there to whom my dead and presence would matter a lot excluding Adolfo and I want to know why you're saving me"   I replied

" I'll tell you everything when I know about you everything," He said 

"You know everything about me," I said quickly

"Nope there is something you have to tell me" I continue

" You ask me anything you want I'lll tell cause I trust you I don't know why but I trust my life on you and if you don't want to tell me anything that's fine too I get it, your profession is risky but I just want to know  which wrong step I took for myself that it brought me here in this mess and what is going to happen with me further that's all!!" I said everything in one breath my whole frustration came out and i looked at him and he was shocked. I stood my from the table and walked out of the room and went to my bedroom without even apologizing.  

                                                                                           ******

Vote, Share and Comment on your favorite part

and Follow me insta its_shaili_kg

*******